Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping my number

Antp
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Trying to port my mobile number to O2.Supposed to have been transferred 25th of August.Did not have number to be ported went dead.Phoned 10am next day told nothing to do with them contact provider of transferred number. Then o2 said would transfer number within 4 hours didn't happen.Phoned again same day on phone told hang on and cut me off.Phoned again told be transferred in 4 hours.Did not happen live chat Saturday morning told to phone previous provider who was not releasing phone number.Also took PAC for number to be transferred again and said port next Tuesday.Phoned provider of number to be transferred told me O2 has number.Phoning 02 customer service to tell them keep cutting me off and putting me on hold forever then cut me off.HELP need my number.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10192 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Antp 

Who are you porting from? 

As if o2 are saying the provider has rejected it, then you need to speak to your old network and get them to speak to the porting team, and get o2 to do the same, just bare in mind both networks porting teams wont be back in till Tuesday, when ports resume.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 7

Antp
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Asda mobile told me nothing to do with them as phone disconnected from their system.o2 tell me it's asda one minute then Vodafone the next when 02 customer service don't cut you off.02 keep saying whoever it is refused to release number.Then they say they will port Tuesday.Keep going around in circles.How can they port number that's been disconnected ?

Message 3 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10192 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Antp 

Asda Mobile are famous for screwing up ports, it once took me 4 weeks to fix a family members port... 

Asda use Vodafone's network, so the number port will be done by a part of Vodafone's MVNO team. The number should be back with Asda Mobile (Vodafone), but in a held status.  And it can still be ported when o2 send across the port request but it can still be rejected by Asda...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 7

Antp
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not Asda 02 have me phone number .4 times they have told me will be connected in 4 hours still no service.Advised to go to 02 shop and get PAYG sim card for £1 .Only sim the had £15 .Advise by 02 shop assistant 02 customer service was the worst and get a sim from Poundland go home and  phone the worst customer service for sim swap.Did this 24 hours ago still no service.Not Asda all 02.02 have had phone number since August bank holiday Monday.O2 customer service no interest in connecting me.

Message 5 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23099 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Anonymous Is there anything you can do to assist @Antp?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino Thanks for the tag @Antp will private message you

O2Simon

Message 7 of 7