cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet Another Number Transfer Taking Forever Post. YANTTFP

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or if you like, Requesting Another Number Transfer Incredibly Not Good. - RANTING...

It took a week of botched contracts, and failed messages to get the new phone delivered.

Now into four days and counting, and still no number transfer happening. This is after two attempts. One via the direct SMS method. Looks good, but didn't happen yet.

The second on Monday via the web page interfce. Looks good, but still ... nothing happening..

and yes I know this community can do nothing, but that's ok, because neither can O2 it seems.

I guess I'll just have to continue looking important, or like a drug pusher, and carry around two mobile phones ... until someone decides they should do a bit of work. I mean, in this day and age, and O2 Techs doesn't work weekends???? Do they think they are NHS doctors of something?

Message 1 of 63
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
OK, easy then - keep my number form slight_smile
http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,Ts=Webforms,T=PreToPost
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 53 of 63
62 REPLIES 62

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Sorry to hear of this debacle @Anonymous You could put in a complaint if you want via this route

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 63

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

So are you transfering into o2?

have you called up and spoke to customer services, from what you have posted is doesnt seem the case. could be an issue with the other network.

www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 3 of 63

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Number transfers don't usually go through at weekends. Your best option is to call them or try the text message again. I would be straight on the phone to them.

Message 4 of 63

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous What is it exactly that you're trying to do? Are you trying to port your phone number into O2 from another network, or just swap your O2 number onto another sim card? 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 63

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Also a lot of your original questions were answered on this thread @Anonymous

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/O2-s-rubbish-service-is-becoming-legendary/m-p/953840#M79744

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
Both O2. PayAsYouGo to Monthly Account. When I have an hour or two to spare, I will call them.
Message 7 of 63

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

So as I understand it, you want to transfer your number from your Pay & Go account to your Monthly account, is that correct? Have you been sent a Pay Monthly sim? If so, you can transfer the number yourself here: http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

If you don't have a Pay Monthly sim yet, you need to call customer service and ask them to send you one and then use the swapmysim link, or if you can call into an O2 store they will give you one and do the swap for you while you're there.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 63

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 9 of 63

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
if you follow what @Bambino said, there shouldn't be a problem. But if there is, you will need to call up. Don't use live chat etc, you really want to speak with someone.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 10 of 63