Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yearly Upgrade

Craigzeh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I got Involved with the yearly Upgrade when it first came around with my Galaxy S8. After a year I swapped to the Galaxy S9+ which at the time was on the same plan and also offering the yearly Upgrade. I was able to see when first signing up for it that I'd be able to upgrade after 12 months.

I've since noticed that when I log in it tells me I can't upgrade until 2020. I see that the yearly Upgrade plan was pulled but surely they can't pull those already on the plan? Is there a reason mine is no longer showing?
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Hypermused
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I don't know if it helps but I got S9+ on "upgrade on us" on 12 March 18. About the date the S9+ came out.
Message 11 of 19

Craigzeh
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry to revive this, but is there some way I can have someone confirm when the yearly upgrade offer ran until? I'm trying to confirm if the deal was still available at the time of my purchase.

Message 12 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
@EmilieT can you help @Craigzeh ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 19

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Craigzeh I can try to find out more on my end, but I'd also like to get someone to look at your account specifically so we can help better! I'll send you a Private Message in the next few minutes to get a few more details slight_smile

Thanks @MI5 for the mention!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 14 of 19

Bear51
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had exactly the same problem.  Did you get this resolved?

Message 15 of 19

Bear51
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did the same as you.  Went for the higher GB tariff, got an extra 10gb free on 20GB tariff  Jan 2018.

The offer for the yearly upgrade, where O2 paid your balance was running and I qualified but now it is not showing on my account and I keep being told that I can pay my balance off then trade in my phone to get  roughly the same amount back.

SO frustrating

Message 16 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Bear51 wrote:

The offer for the yearly upgrade, where O2 paid your balance was running and I qualified but now it is not showing on my account and I keep being told that I can pay my balance off then trade in my phone to get  roughly the same amount back.

If they are offering you the same value for trade in as you owe on the device, that is the same thing as the yearly upgrade anyway.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 19

Bear51
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It is give or take £20 but the idea of the offer was that O2 paid your balance rather than me pay out £320 and then wait to receive it back. 

With the new refresh plans you can upgrade at anytime by paying your balance, it isnt a special promotion to anyone as everyone can do it.

Message 18 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you take phone in store they can credit your account immediately.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 19