Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yearly Upgrade

Craigzeh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I got Involved with the yearly Upgrade when it first came around with my Galaxy S8. After a year I swapped to the Galaxy S9+ which at the time was on the same plan and also offering the yearly Upgrade. I was able to see when first signing up for it that I'd be able to upgrade after 12 months.

I've since noticed that when I log in it tells me I can't upgrade until 2020. I see that the yearly Upgrade plan was pulled but surely they can't pull those already on the plan? Is there a reason mine is no longer showing?
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Craigzeh they can't just change it if it was part of your contract.

You'll need to call 202 and see why it isn't showing for you.

Have you checked if it is added as a bolt on?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 19

Craigzeh
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Nothing showing as a bolt on for it.

It was a 25GB plan that was eligible for it at the time. If it wasn't for that I'd have gone for the lower Data plan

I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Message 3 of 19

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Let us know what they say. I'm sure it's just a glitch.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 19

Hypermused
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Exactly the same, I've been on a higher tariff than I need with the S9+ but bit the bullet for the yearly upgrade.

Now I'm thinking about the S10 and........?!?

Please do keep us posted on what they say to you tomorrow, good luck!

Message 5 of 19

Craigzeh
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm not having much luck so far, keep being told I can upgrade whenever due to my refresh, many not understanding what the yearly 'Upgrade on us' scheme was.

Message 6 of 19

Craigzeh
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Been told to call back on my due date for upgrade (assume the upgrade on us) part of it. 

At first I was told the S9+ Wasn't available on the year upgrade, I quickly pointed out it was on their own website. So i've taken a copy of the site for the time being. We'll see what happens I guess. Not going to be happy in the slightest if they've just tried to slyly pull it from existing customers.

Message 7 of 19

Hypermused
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I log in and it says:

My upgrade options RECOMMENDED
19 days until you can upgrade on us
You‘ll be able to take up this tariff‘s exclusive offer on 12 March 2019.
When you upgrade, you'll need to trade in your old device and choose an O2 Refresh tariff.
----
Does this just mean I hand back my s9+, they wipe the debt and I start a new contract from scratch? I remember the deal being more exciting than that or am I wrong?
Message 8 of 19

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Hypermused yes, that's exactly what you need to do for the early upgrade offer.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 19

Craigzeh
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So it would appear that I don't have the yearly upgrade option? Is there any way to tell when the offer ran until as i'm 100% sure I had it as it was the only reason I took it.

Message 10 of 19