Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Service Ever - Think I need to leave O2

dillonspopps
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On Monday 17th October I lost my iPad(07xxxxxxxx2) and called o2 to report the lost/theft.  The person I spoke to said she would place a bar on the device and assured me everything would be done hassle free.  After coming off the phone I realised that I no longer had any service on my iPhone(07xxxxxxxx4) to which I just thought it was because I was on a train journey.  An hour later I still didn't have any service so I called o2 to which the customer adviser said there was nothing wrong with my phone and it should be working just fine.

After several days of calling o2, on Wednesday 19th October an adviser discovered that my iPhone has also been blocked by whoever placed the bar unto my iPad, apologised and promised to have the block removed in 24 hours.

That time passed and still no service so I called o2 again and again I was told there's no bar on my iPhone but after persistently refusing to accept this, the customer advisor discovered there's still a block on my iPhone and said he would have to fill in a form and I would have to wait 24 hours again.....I already had asked to for a call back from a manager since Tuesday on my office desk phone and still no call back..and when I asked to speak to one they said she would be happy to speak to me but it would have to be a call back within 24 hours.

I am so appalled about this service and to be honest I have never experienced anything this bad, I have had no service for 4 days now and it seems to me all the customer advisors at o2 have no clue what they're doing.  Every time I call an automated service voice requests my number and my password and when I finally do get through to a real person they do the exact procedure again, complete waste of time.

I cannot wait to do away with my contract after this and no £10 off my next month's bill is going to make a difference, purely a complete slap in the face for paying £38 monthly for a 5gb tariff...should have listened to my friends. And another thing o2 customer service lines need some form of maintenance because it goes silent several times when both myself and the advisor are talking and to make matters worse lines often disconect....

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

dillonspopps
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Toby,

The customer advisor I spoke to just said he would try another method by replacing the bar unto the phone again and requesting it be removed...apparently his collegue told him this would work but it could take up to 24 hours...guess I'm supposed to just accept that!.......

Message 11 of 19

dillonspopps
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
thanks, do you by any chance have any details for the ceo please?
Message 12 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143420 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I can tell you his name is Mark Evans and that you can Google his email address but sadly I'm not allowed to say anymore on here.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 19

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @dillonspopps,

Please send me a PM and I'll see if we can get a member of the team to look at this closely. I ask you to PM, as I'll need some of your personal details.

Cheers

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@dillonspoppsIf you want this issue resolving then please PM @Toby as requested.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 19

MI5
  • 143420 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Maybe they already have?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 19

dillonspopps
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Not resolved yet, thanks for the name...
Message 17 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions
Message 18 of 19

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

We're in conversation now guys, thanks for the flag.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 19 of 19