cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worldwide Data Access

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just switched from Vodafone to O2 due to signal coverage issues while at home.  I think I may have made a mistake.  I travel a lot with my job, and when in Europe the daily charge of £1.99 works well.  However, I travel to Japan and US a lot and there is no option for me here, which means I can either not use my phone, or pay exorbitant prices.  There is an option for business users but not consumers like me. 

Vodafone offer you your UK plan while abroad (outside Europe) for £5 per day, and that worked well; I just assumer O2 would have the same type of offering.

Does anyone have any ideas - I would be happy to switch to a business account but when I phone them they just tell me to go into a store.

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

how much data do you need when outside the eu as you get in the usa at £6 a mb a £40 cap but get 50mb of data or 200mb for £120 cap on consumer http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

When you are contacting o2 are you talking to the business team or just the consumer team.

And the business data offer is not bad at £7.50 + vat  for 200mb a day 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for feedback. The problem is they won't let me add this bolt on to a consumer account. They say I must be a business user.
Message 3 of 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

You need to talk to the business team to see if you can migrate to a business account try ringing this free number from a landline 0800 977 7337 as if you ring from a mobile it may still direct you to consumer customer services

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
For areas outside of the EU I either use a Three sim card (if I am travelling to one of their "feel at home" destinations) or a World Sim for anywhere else.
I just forward any calls from my O2 number to whichever sim is in use at the time or install Tugo on my personal phone which still handles my UK calls over the foreign data network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5