cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With "Keep my number" do I need to do this before using my new sim?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm currently on Vodafone and have received my O2 Pay & Go sim today.

Before I go through the "Keep my number" process to transfer my Vodafone number to my O2 simcard, I'd actually like to try the O2 simcard for a while to see how coverage is in my area.

Is it necessary for me to go through the "Keep my number" process before using my new O2 simcard, or can I do it at any time?

My plan is to insert the O2 sim in my phone and top it up with £10, try out the coverage in my area for a few days, and if it's working okay then I'd like to continue with transferring my Vodafone number to my O2 card. Would this cause any problems?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You would need to make sure your phone is unlocked before you can use the O2 sim. If you put the O2 sim in your phone and it shows 'No Service', you would need to get it unlocked by Vodafone. If your phone is already unlocked you could top up the O2 sim and use it straight away.

If you're happy with the coverage and want to switch providers, you would then need to ask Vodafone for your PAC so you can keep your number. Once you have your PAC you could then begin the 'Keep my number' process.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You would need to make sure your phone is unlocked before you can use the O2 sim. If you put the O2 sim in your phone and it shows 'No Service', you would need to get it unlocked by Vodafone. If your phone is already unlocked you could top up the O2 sim and use it straight away.

If you're happy with the coverage and want to switch providers, you would then need to ask Vodafone for your PAC so you can keep your number. Once you have your PAC you could then begin the 'Keep my number' process.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 2