Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Will my phone upgrade cost me?

I was offered a contract in february which I started on the 10th of that month, and the guy on the phone said after 6 months they'll give me a phone upgrade. I'm just wondering, is that actually free or will it cost me? im on a simplicity tariff, and I have a pay as you go iphone 4 which i bought new, it's on it's last legs though so thats why I accepted the contract to receive the free upgrade and I'll be upgrading to the 4s.. anyone know if it will cost me?
Highlighted
Topics: 575
Solutions: 3,920

Re: Will my phone upgrade cost me?

There will probably be a charge depending on the handset you want to upgrade to. Best give them a call or try upgrading on line, angy cost will beshown there.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks! I'm only upgrading from a iphone 4 16gb to 4s 16gb, but I'm sure the guy said 'free' upgrade so i assumed i wouldnt have to pay! Smiley Sad and it doesnt show me online, it says when I could of got an upgrade when my contract is over but I was offered it after 6 months which i have confirmed with o2 however it doesn't show up on 'my o2' so I cant see how much it would cost me, i'll have to ring them tomorrow but i was just worrying!
Highlighted

Don't worry at this stage, speak to themand hopefully they should give you afree upgrade if that is what was offered to you.

Highlighted
Anonymous

thankyou Smiley Happy i hope so!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

rachelakam wrote: im on a simplicity tariff,

anyone know if it will cost me?

Isn't the simplicity a sim only contract ? Quick check of o2 site says it is... "simplicity (sim only tariffs) "

So as such you don't get a phone with it.

Cheapest i-phone 4s is going to cost you

one off £299.99 then £21.50 a month for 2 years.

I wonder if you missunderstood that you are on a SIM only contract, and thought that a upgrade includes a phone. Sadly a upgrade of simplicity is just a new sim, allowing you to move to diffrent mins/data etc. 

Highlighted

On a new 12 month Simplicity contract there is an option to upgrade after 6 months.