cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When all data has been used...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

When I signed up for a 12-month contract in February this year, I was under the impression that once my 1 Gig of data was used up, I would still be able to use network data but at an extremely reduced speed.

This was said to me by the gentleman from O2, who sold me my Sim-Only deal.

I thought that this sounded reasonable and even though browsing would probably be next to impossible, I might be able to receive or send the odd text email.

Last month when my data ran out, the above was not the case and I was unable to use the network at all. Just receiving information txt's explaining my data had run out.

My question is, has accessing O2's data network at a extremely reduced speed (once the allowance has run out), recently changed to no access at all, or have I been miss-sold this contract by a commision-driven sales man?

Being able to access the network once my allowance has run out was a big factor in me signing up.

Thanks for any info slight_smile

Paul.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149520 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions
Good luck. CS might add a data bolt on for you if you ask nicely wink
Let us know how you get on......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's worth asking to have some proof the wrong info was supplied which will support your case for getting a gwg or cancellation if you so require.

Hope all goes ok for you and Welcome to the Community.

slight_smile
Message 12 of 17

MI5
  • 149520 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions
When you call CS just ask them to listen back to the recording of your original phone call.
It may take a little while for them to retrieve it and normal CS will have to escalate it for you, but they should do it all the same.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks everyone for the info grin

Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Our pleasure. slight_smile
Message 15 of 17

MI5
  • 149520 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions
Indeed it is - We're always here to help should you need anything else in the future.
Nice to see you here and hope you stick around slight_smile
Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
As that is what used to happen my feel is that the sales person was not up to date with the change.

You can ask CS to review the recording if they can locate it. You will need to know the number you called from and preferably the date. You may even ask for a copy of the recording although o2 have a right to charge for this.

If you speak to CS and explain your situation I feel confident they will find you a solution.
Message 17 of 17