Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the exchange process like?

CyberScy
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am unfortunately needing to exchange my brand new iPhone 16 PM as it has a scratch on the screen, thus damaged out of the box. Petty yes, but it matters to me, lol.

I've never done an exchange before so I am unsure of what to expect. Will I be without a phone in the interim & will I be at the mercy of the current wait times of the device?

I got this phone on the back of a Switch Up deal so hopefully nothing messes up because of that

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

CyberScy
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

I just spoke to them and they want the phone back before they process a replacement, unlike what I've read on here. That paired with the uphill battle you've described, I can't be bothered with all that hassle over a small scratch. If the wait wasn't 4 weeks plus, being phone-less, then maybe. Shame it has to be that way 😕 

Message 11 of 13

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23967 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@CyberScy If it's only a small scratch you may just have to bite the bullet and live with it. You might also want to contact Apple directly to see what their policy is. It can't hurt to ask: Contact – Official Apple Support (UK)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 13

CyberScy
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino

Thanks. Just contacted them and they’re not interested, quoting that only the seller can handle replacements.

Might just have to bite the bullet, though I’m not happy

Message 13 of 13