Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the exchange process like?

CyberScy
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am unfortunately needing to exchange my brand new iPhone 16 PM as it has a scratch on the screen, thus damaged out of the box. Petty yes, but it matters to me, lol.

I've never done an exchange before so I am unsure of what to expect. Will I be without a phone in the interim & will I be at the mercy of the current wait times of the device?

I got this phone on the back of a Switch Up deal so hopefully nothing messes up because of that

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11568 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@CyberScy 

You may be in a queue to get a replacement device as from other reports no one including Apple have any stock to replace them with. 

If you got it from a store then take it back to the store, as otherwise you will need to call o2, or you could always pop into an Apple Store as well, but they will point you back to o2... but maybe worth a try

Apple are notorious as well as Samsung for blaming scratches on the user, even out of the box, so make sure you have video or something.. 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149242 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28469 Solutions

That's going to be difficult to rove esp as you have had the phone 4 days already, but good luck.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 13

CyberScy
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 
Thanks for the info. It was all done online so online it is, I'm nowhere near any Apple store sadly.

@MI5 
In what capacity would I need to prove it?  Is it not as straightforward as sending it to them and then getting a replacement?

Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 149242 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28469 Solutions

@CyberScy 

Proving that you didn't scratch it yourself.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 13

CyberScy
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 
I unboxed the phone and it was already there, not sure how else I can explain that to them

Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 149242 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28469 Solutions

Which is why I said it would be difficult to prove.

What evidence have you got and why wait 4 days to report it?

Message 7 of 13

CyberScy
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 
I didn't wait 4 days, it was delivered on Friday, but only had unboxed and discovered it last night after getting home from a short break over the weekend. I didn't realise that timeframe might be an issue as you are suggesting and guess I will have to be quite firm if they kick up a fuss. I have a photo of it with supporting EXIF data from last night if they care that much

Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 149242 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28469 Solutions

@CyberScy 

I wish you all the best and yes, you will have to be firm, I suspect.

Message 9 of 13

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11568 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@CyberScy 

Waiting 4 days is going to be the issue, as I get what you are saying but you meant to check deliveries on the day of delivery for any damage or issue ( been stung by this at work a few times) as if not you accept that is all is good..

Your biggest issue is persuading both apple and o2 that it arrived scratched as the photo proves nothing sorry to say, just that you have a scratch on the screen.. 

And as I said at the beginning, Apple are notorious for denying these claims on warranty

Good luck but its going to be an uphill struggle

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 10 of 13