Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

What a Joke

For the past 6 years i've been CPW O2 customer and upon reaching the end of my contract have been migrated to O2 rather than O2 at CPW .. what a huge regret.
Not only was i miss-sold the tarrif but nither O2 or CPW want to deal with this, i just get banded between the two companys and no-one is willing to do anything on any level.
And what do i get for my loyalty to O2 for 6 years .. nothing, i'm just a new customer... what a complete joke.
My advice on anyone thinking of getting a tarrif with O2 ? .. get some cups and strings .. invariably the reception and coverage will be better and you wont end up feeling conned, ripped off and sick over it all.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: What a Joke

Who was it that mis-sold the tariff to you? Also, what were you offered and what did you actually get?
Whoever misadvised you is definitely who to blame - if you were speaking to O2 upgrades / retentions it's down to them, if it was in a CPW store then it's their fault.
If you were misinformed over the phone then there should be a record of the call - O2 should either honour what you were offered or give you some kind of goodwill gesture if they've messed up.
If it was verbally in an O2 / CPW shop then it may be harder to prove, and they may say you should have complained within your 'returns' period but if you identify whose fault it was and focus your complaints on them then you should be able to get some kind of recompense.
Highlighted
Anonymous

CPW sold me the tarrif over the phone .. i was told the data was inclusive in the final price only to find in my first bill from O2 that is was a bolt on ... the money isnt the issue.. its the complete lack of interest from either the CPW or O2 .. i mean i PAY O2 you would have thought they could at least help me in this issue, but no i just get told its not our problem and to phone CWP thank you very much but they keep taking my sodding money dont they.
CPW are just pointless to call... i tried to cancel the contract 7 days after i took it out but they said they would look into it and get back to me in 48 hours .. they didnt .. O2 are getting my money so they dont care and i dont have the time to get involved in some drawn out legal dispute.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I don't think you need to get drawn into a legal dispute - just call the number you rang when you upgraded. Ask for them to listen to the call and / or send you a transcript.
If they told you one price and then charged you another then this is clear mis-selling - they would have to either honour it or let you out of your contract as the agreed details of your contract have changed substantially to your detriment.
Highlighted
Anonymous

im an o2 cpw billed customer, on a sim only deal which rolls each month.
so if i upgrade then i will be moved to o2 direct and classed as a new customer??
umm this dont sound v good at all, especially with the mess they made of your deal
are there any other differences between cpw and dealing with o2 direct??
did they offer you a better deal ?
Highlighted
Anonymous

it has nothing to do with O2 direct. they werent the ones who sold the contract and existing customers direct with o2 dont get data foc.

this is solely CPW responsibility, if you didnt want the upgrade and you have returned it O2 will be able to issue a pac code, cancel the contract or give you a new upgrade.
Highlighted
Anonymous

My advice on anyone thinking of getting a tarrif with O2 ? .. get some cups and strings .. invariably the reception and coverage will be better

If it is so bad why have you stayed with them for 6 years? O2 direct doesn't have worse coverage than O2 CPW.
Highlighted
Anonymous

To be fair thats just me having a pop but the perks of being a customer for so long used to make up for any way the coverage was lacking in some areas, and yes O2 have taken back all there customers from CPW so when you upgrade you'll be delt with by O2 directly.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Just to let you know, data is a bolt on on *every* tariff, and always as been. It's now obvious when you look at the tariff pages, as it tells you, but in the past you might have been sold an iPhone tariff or a smartphone tariff or whatever with data included, but in truth it was always a bolt on. For example, when data was £5, the iPhone tariffs were all £5 dearer than the same tariffs with no data. This was not a mere coincidence.
What O2 have done in the past, if CPW can confirm what they offered you (did you get it in writing?) is apply a £5 discount to the account to cover the cost of data so you pay the price you were quoted.