Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

Louise
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m having trouble activating my voicemail. I moved to o2 months ago and transferred my old phone number and when I dial 1750 it said they do no have my number and unable to activate voicemail. I’ve tried the o2 guru many times with no luck. They managed to set up call divert ( which I didn’t want) but seem unable to just set up voicemail. My phone number in my phone settings is correct and I’ve tried 1750 and ##002# with no luck. Can anyone help?!
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That's an error O2 side, not on your phone.
I'm afraid you will have to call customer services again to have your account updated
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
What error message do you get when sending 1750?
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/ba-p/547712
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Louise
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It says “your voicemail could not be activated as we do not have your phone number” I’ve checked my settings and it is the correct number there...
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That's an error O2 side, not on your phone.
I'm afraid you will have to call customer services again to have your account updated
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Louise
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for clarifying that. I might just have to go into a shop as the “gurus” can’t seem to help!
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unfortunately, these days, you have to keep trying a few times until you find someone who knows what they are doing!

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Louise welcome to our community. slight_smile Sorry to hear about your voicemail issue - I hope it gets resolved soon. Please do update us on how it goes and if you've made any progress with this?

Message 7 of 8

Louise
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m in touch with o2 so will let you know when/if this gets sorted!
Message 8 of 8