cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valid ID

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don’t have a passport and I am medically unfit to drive or get provisional can someone please tell me what other ID is valid as I wasn’t able to collect my upgrade today because of this.
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
It’s okay the lady at CS said she would call me as soon as the phones were showing as returned on my account and she’s give me a call straight away to send out phone and pack to send old phone back in. Had the o2 chat guru told me I needed ID or actually had informed me I could upgrade on the phone no hassles i would have done it this way instead.
Message 11 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
The CS lady did also say they appreciate not all customers can get to a store and it’s recent they have started allowing people to do their upgrades via the early upgrade programme via phone.
Message 12 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
It’s okay the lady at CS said she would call me as soon as the phones were showing as returned on my account and she’s give me a call straight away to send out phone and pack to send old phone back in. Had the o2 chat guru told me I needed ID or actually had informed me I could upgrade on the phone no hassles i would have done it this way instead.

Thing is @Anonymous the phone 'showing as returned' isn't a rapid process. I was just thinking of you when I tagged our Community admins into the post. Help has been given previously to others in similar situations and I was hoping they could do something to expedite the process on your behalf...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ohhhh okay. Sorry this post is the first post I’ve posted I signed up last night to hopefully get some help. I do appreciate everyone’s input I wasn’t dismissing your last message I’m just disheartened at the whole situation iv ended up
In iv been with o2 20 years and my
Mom longer this has never ever happened before. I do appreciate that o2 have a policy because of fraud. And I would like to think if someone tried to get a phone out in my name that something like this would happen to stop them but it’s unhelpful for me as the genuine customer!
Message 14 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Ohhhh okay. Sorry this post is the first post I’ve posted I signed up last night to hopefully get some help. I do appreciate everyone’s input I wasn’t dismissing your last message I’m just disheartened at the whole situation iv ended up
In iv been with o2 20 years and my
Mom longer this has never ever happened before. I do appreciate that o2 have a policy because of fraud. And I would like to think if someone tried to get a phone out in my name that something like this would happen to stop them but it’s unhelpful for me as the genuine customer!

No need for any apology at all. You are very welcome on the forum @AnonymousWelcome

Your first post has highlighted an issue which hopefully will help others in a similar situation to you.

Let's hope it gets sorted soon...Handshake

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes @Anonymous ... welcome to the forum ... Welcome

I hope your situation gets sorted soonest 

Message 16 of 35

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff

@Anonymous I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I'm sure there is something we can to to help. I'll drop you a private message to get a few details about what's happened and see what we can do. Just get back to me when you can. smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 17 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Thanks so much @Martin-O2. This is an unusual situation which needs intervention from people like yourself...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 35

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Any time @Cleoriff! I'm just a mention away. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 19 of 35

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff

@Anonymous I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I'm sure there is something we can to to help. I'll drop you a private message to get a few details about what's happened and see what we can do. Just get back to me when you can. smiling

@Thank for getting involved @Martin-O2 because there is little we can do as fellow customers.

However this has highlighted a problem where we are now better placed to advise on click and collect. 

Thank you for posting @Anonymous

Your first and subsequent posts will really others. Welcome indeed to the community 😃 

Message 20 of 35