Did you mean: 

VPN

KC43
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi

I’ve been using my pay monthly o2 as personal hotspot on laptop wfh for last few months and then today I’m set up on pc to access via vpn but it won’t allow it on the iPhone hotspot.

I’ve called up and nobody seems to give much of a response or help.

Can anyone provide some assistance as having major talk talk problems today as well which has meant very little work has been done.

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I think there is a limit to how much you can hotspot each month - from memory it is about 4Gb.
Can you confirm @MI5?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yep, 4gb
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@gmarkjand @MI5

o2 dont restrict Tethering anymore, you can use upto your data limit on Pay Monthly and upto 20Gb on PAYG...

What error are you getting on when trying to use your VPN and what VPN is it... /handset

These are the new Fair use policies which apply

Having said that, there is a fair use policy which states that “you may not use your Unlimited Data for (a) commercial or illegal purposes, (b) as a mobile hotspot where you are tethering more than 12 devices to your device. Where you regularly tether to 12 or more devices or have used 650GB of data twice within a 6 month period then we may investigate your usage further to ascertain whether your Unlimited Data usage is for the permitted use.”

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Based on that it may well be your PC is setting it up as a metered connection and not allowing data to pass through.
Check the setting on your PC.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yet many customers on here report it being stopped at 4gb.
I'll go with what we have learnt on here on a daily basis.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6