Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT invoices

KJD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have phoned your Customer Services on many occasions requesting a VAT invoice for both my Airtime Bill and my Device Plan.

Each time I am told that they “promise” to sort it out for me and send regular VAT invoices (which never arrive)!

I have even agreed to pay for paper billing, but I still do not get regular VAT invoices.

How difficult is it for you to provide invoices for both in your website!

This is causing problems for every self employed person who has an O2 phone.

It must be a legal requirement for O2 to provide VAT invoices for everyone?

I see that the O2 community is full of people with the same problem and I think you owe it to everyone to get this sorted out ASAP.

Regards

Kevin Dodd

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

JJ14
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm sure they do it on purpose, it's disgusting they don't give me access information TO MY OWN MONEY, that VAT I paid is my money, not theirs to decide what to do with it!

Message 11 of 13

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37301 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@JJ14 - this is a very old thread,  however, from O2:

We don’t issue a VAT invoice on the device plans every month, the Refresh agreement is a credit agreement and unless it’s a business account we are not obliged to produce monthly VAT invoices. Customer services can complete a form to send out a device plan VAT invoice for a specific month but this needs to be requested by the customer each time they need it and will be sent via post.

A regular VAT invoice can be turned on by calling customer services for the airtime only, once the service is on the account the customer should then get the VAT invoice sent to them via post monthly.

Or Business Customers

All invoices from the day it is enabled on your account will be available as a normal invoice, or as a "VAT Invoice" in the "VAT" section of your billing details (in MyO2).

See here for the new 360 consumer view and screenshots, @JJ14 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/My-O2/VAT-Invoice/m-p/1682343/highlight/true#M23963

Message 12 of 13

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7695 Posts
  • 150 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@JJ14 wrote:

I'm sure they do it on purpose, it's disgusting they don't give me access information TO MY OWN MONEY, that VAT I paid is my money, not theirs to decide what to do with it!

@JJ14 

There is a comment above from @MI5 which says :-

"I assume if you had a business account with O2, as you should if running a business, you would get a vat invoice?". 

I assume that you have a personal contract but you use it for business purposes, hence your need for a VAT invoice ? If so, I would invite you to consider whether you are in breach of O2's Terms and Conditions :-   

Our Latest Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement January 2024 | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement

In particular :-

This Agreement sets out both of our rights and responsibilities. This Agreement applies to all consumer customers who take Pay Monthly mobile services from us for their own personal use and/or on our consumer tariffs. If you’re an O2 Business customer, then our O2 terms and conditions for businesses apply. 

Message 13 of 13