Did you mean: 

Using a PAC code with the same provider

greenduck
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Recently I completed a transfer of ownership into a new O2 account from my old one, but I want to keep my old number and transfer it to my new account. The person I initially spoke to asked for me to get a PAC code, but since then I was told that you cannot use a PAC code with the same provider. The result is that I am paying for two contracts. I have spoken to customer service several times and I was told last week that a transfer was taking place, but because of the initial PAC code, the phone number was being blocked from the transfer. Today the person I spoke to said that they could not transfer my phone number until next month due to the PAC, but I received the PAC on the 25th of April, so I don’t understand why it hasn’t timed out. Would it be possible to just use the PAC to transfer my old number to my new account myself? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37205 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

A Legacy account refers to the back-end system that holds the details you see in your MyO2, @greenduck - these were being migrated to a new system, called 360, and O2 are 99.9% complete as of late May 2024 - remaining customers have been passed to a special team to be dealt with as their account will not migrate using O2's normal processes, for some reason. The Legacy team on 0808281695 is the place to call, or, as mentioned above, the Forum manager @Dave-O2 - who should be in touch with you during office hours early in the week. O2 Shop staff will also not be able to help with this if now determined to be a Legacy Team matter, as it is your MyO2 account that needs to be adjusted by this Legacy (or Purple?) Team. Good luck!

Message 11 of 12

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 787 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5@pgn 

@greenduck Can you please drop me a PM with some further details, ad I'll take a closer look 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 12 of 12