Did you mean: 

Using a PAC code with the same provider

greenduck
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Recently I completed a transfer of ownership into a new O2 account from my old one, but I want to keep my old number and transfer it to my new account. The person I initially spoke to asked for me to get a PAC code, but since then I was told that you cannot use a PAC code with the same provider. The result is that I am paying for two contracts. I have spoken to customer service several times and I was told last week that a transfer was taking place, but because of the initial PAC code, the phone number was being blocked from the transfer. Today the person I spoke to said that they could not transfer my phone number until next month due to the PAC, but I received the PAC on the 25th of April, so I don’t understand why it hasn’t timed out. Would it be possible to just use the PAC to transfer my old number to my new account myself? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23391 Posts
  • 1032 Topics
  • 3726 Solutions

@greenduck You did not need a PAC. Whoever told you that is an idiot. See the guide below:

Migration & porting into O2 - O2 Community

You need to speak to customer service again. Hopefully you'll get someone who has at least one brain cell working.
Call 202 from your mobile or 0344 809 0202, or 0800 032 1402
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.
You can also reach O2 via social media:
Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (now X) (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 12

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7150 Posts
  • 136 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

You want "porting" @greenduck :-

Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

Message 3 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146000 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28089 Solutions

@Oxonian wrote:

You want "porting" @greenduck :-

Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

No you don't.

You need a number migration.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 12

greenduck
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah I know now that I need a number migration, but I have tried twice now with customer services. The first time I was told it had to be requested via other support staff due to the initial PAC code blocking it, but that it should go through within five days. Today I was told I would need to wait another 30 days. I don’t really understand why, and I don’t know why the PAC code hasn’t timed out since it has been well over 30 days since I received it. 

Message 5 of 12

greenduck
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am really confused at this point to be honest! Every member of customer services I have spoken to has told me something different, and said their colleagues were completely wrong. I don’t really understand why the PAC code hasn’t expired since it has been over 30 days, which I understand would make the migration very straightforward?

Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 146000 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28089 Solutions

Having a PAC makes no difference at all @greenduck 

It's just the usual level of crap we hear from customer service these days.

Use social media as advised above as these are UK based support teams with more sense.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 12

greenduck
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 I have tried social media, and spoke to O2 on Tuesday once again. I was told once again it had to be referred to their back office, and they would call me back to set up the transfer, but this has not happened. At this point I am completely at a loss, I have been paying for two contracts for months now and there has been absolutely no help from customer services. Is there anyone else who I can speak to about this matter who would be able to move my phone number? Otherwise would a double port work? 

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 146000 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28089 Solutions

@greenduck 

The issue could be that your old contract is now a legacy account.

You can try the Purple team on 08082816956 or @Dave-O2 might be able to help you next week.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 9 of 12

greenduck
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is a legacy account just an old account? I have been told by customer services three times now that the original PAC (requested 25th of April so well timed out now) is creating an error message with the migration, and it needs to be raised with the back office team, the last person even gave me a Helix ticket code of my request number, but no call back and no resolution. Would they be able to help if I went in store?

Message 10 of 12