cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using PAC but keep my contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

I work for a company that prides itself on providing an excellent customer service. This is not a good customer journey!

I spent one hour on the "online chat" service before I received my PAC last night.

I have a PAC to take my number to another provider, but I want to use the minutes and data in my existing contract with O2.  I do NOT want to terminate my contract.

I just need another number (or even the original number) allocated to my SIM.  I am even happy to have a new SIM with a new number. I do NOT want to terminate my contract.

Nowhere in the T&Cs does it say if you port your number, you must pay for the remainder of your contract, but O2 will not give you a number to be able to use your allowance.

If O2 want to terminate my contract / break the contract, then give me a refund. I do NOT want to terminate my contract.

I just want to take / port my MY mobile telephone number to another provider before the end of the contract.

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122829 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous When does your contract end with O2.?? The Pac code is only valid for 30days after request and using it effectively ends your contract with O2

Info on requesting Pac and contract cancellation here. Along with how to keep your number

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
  • 122829 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous When does your contract end with O2.?? The Pac code is only valid for 30days after request and using it effectively ends your contract with O2

Info on requesting Pac and contract cancellation here. Along with how to keep your number

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 16

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Using your PAC will end your contract even allocation of a new number using a P&G sim will end with losing the original number. 

Message 3 of 16

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Your number is your contract.
If you move it, the contract ends. If this is before the minimum term you must pay termination fees.
I'm sure you'll understand the importance of reading and understanding the T&c's
http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 16

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
What you are asking is physically impossible, on all UK mobile networks.

As has already been advised, your phone number is intrinsically linked to your account, and requesting a PAC code triggers the cancellation process and the 30 day notice period.

You are then liable for all costs that remain on the contract.

These are the rules set out by OFCOM, so blame them not o2.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I started my contract, I had a different number on the SIM. My number is MY number, not my contract. I then ported my number onto my contract.

Message 6 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
You could try calling customer services rather than using live chat, but I suspect that you will get the same response as before...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

To be fair @MI5, I have just read through (well, searched through) the monthly Ts & Cs using number as the criteria.
The section that was interesting was 2.3, quoted below:
2.3 We'll allocate you a number for use of your Mobile Phone or certain other Equipment on the Network. The number does not belong to you and may be transferred to another service provider only in certain circumstances. The details are available on our Website and from customer service.
There is no mention of what happens if you port a number in - does it become o2's, does it still belong to the previous supplier (or the original if it is ported multiple times)?
What happens to the number if you ask for it to be changed? Could you get it transferred to a PAYG sim (so the monthly account has a new number but the original moves to PAYG)?

There are a number of questions that could be asked. If only we could ask someone with inside knowledge....

@Martin-O2 @MercedesS - could you seek some clarity on this? Specifically how does porting a number into your contract change/amend/nullify the section of the Ts & Cs above?

Also, is it possible to get your number moved to PAYG and a new number assigned to your contract? If yes, how would you go about it?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 16

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @gmarkj!  I'll ask the team for clarification this situation now. @Anonymous I'll mention you as soon as I have an update. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 16

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
The answer will be the same.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 16