Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

Upgrading

Is it me or is there no advantage to upgrading? I mean it seems the same as just starting a new contract. For some reason I thought you got some kind of reward or something! I am due an upgrade next week but I might just switch networks.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Upgrading

Well if your happy with your current phone and your due an upgrade, you can just sell the upgrade and keep using your old phone.

Normally latest phones come out on Pay Monthly first, so selling it would get you a quite a bit of cash, or you could just give it to your kids or whatever.

Even if its an O2 Pay Monthly phone, it accept any O2 Sim.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Upgrading

But I am signed into another 18 month contract arn't I. I find it strange o2 don't do anything extra to try and keep you as a customer.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Upgrading

But I am signed into another 18 month contract arn't I. I find it strange o2 don't do anything extra to try and keep you as a customer.

Dont forget priority tickets to The O2 AND Discounts on O2 Broadband.

What do other networks do then?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Upgrading

Whenever I've looked for the tickets they are sold out! and I don't use o2 broadband Smiley Sad Anyhow, these are features that are available to new and old customers. What I am saying is there should be an advantage to upgrading. As far as I can see its the same as being a new customer.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Upgrading

No one agrees then!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Upgrading

I don't see why we should get incentives for "loyalty". We're not loyal, we'll get the best deal we can with whatever provider we can.

My wife's been on Vodafone for years and got much worse upgrade phones than I have. So I don't think other providers are any better.

The only way you'll get a better deal is to say you've seen a more enticing offer elsewhere and talk to retentions at the end of your contract.

Be wary of threatening to leave, though, they might just say OK Smiley Happy

SV
Highlighted
Anonymous

whats the point in leaving?

by staying with the best network, yu'll continue to benefit from the best network performance, best customer service and the best value tariffs...!

And to answer the question directly you'll also benefit from an EXTRA service on your tariff. O2 call it a 'loyalty reward'-so the clues in the title. As an existing customer you could recieve a discount on your line rental, or a discount on your call costs or extra mins or texts-whatevers best for you.

My old network didnt give anything extra for loyalty, or seem to care if you kleft left-what sort of service is that?

O2 hasnt always been the best service but in the last couple of years theres clear difference between the rest.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Upgrading

Oh but they do. You go through to upgrades and ask them what they're going to offer you. You decline their kind offer and ask to be put through to retentions for your PAC number as you'll go elswhere and hey presto retentions can offer you a save deal. Worked for me and mine.

Alternatively, go for a SIM only (30 day contract)while you make your mind up and don't ever upgrade through a shop cos they know didley squat.