cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from o2 to o2 via a 3rd party, please help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will try and keep this as simple as possible (not my strong point lol). My contract ends on 3rd of july so im in my upgrade window and saw a really good offer on a 3rd party website for o2 network. i love the network and have been with them for yrs, i don't want to leave but the guy i spoke to for o2 couldn't get anywhere near the offer but said if i did take the offer with the 3rd party, then to call them when i get it and they can transfer my account over!! I thought cool but in taking up the new offer i had to fill out new bank and direct debit details and am now worried if this is still possible or am i going to end up with 2 seperate accounts? So basically is it still possible to transfer my account and number over and if so what do i need to do when i get the new handset?? sorry if its so long winded and thanks so much to anyone that can give a little time to Help

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well it seems all the advice was correct and i followed to a "T" so a big thanks to you guys slight_smile . The o2 staff on the phone were very helpful and had no problems with carrying out the procedure you both recommended of transferring my number. I was told that migrating meant i would lose signal at some point today and it could take between 24 to 48 hrs before activating on the new one. The only thing is i rang them between 9 and 10 this morning and still haven't lost any signal yet!! i have switched the phone on and off a few times but still no difference. Just wondering if this is normal or should i ring them again if its still the same by tomorrow morning? Also one other thing, would the new sim card have to have been activated in my handset before they were able to replace the new number with the old one? thanks again in advance slight_smile
Message 11 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

If the old simcard hasn't lost signal in the morning give them another call. Once it has lost the network then keep switching the phone off/on at regular intervals with the new sim card in the phone. It doesn't need to be activated first.

Let us know how you get on. The whole process normally takes an hour at most once begun although they do say it can take up to 24 hours. It's never taken that long in my experience and I've done the sim swap a number of times.

Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's good news sir_smooch. slight_smile

When your services have eventually switched........ enjoy.
Message 13 of 17

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Good luck with the transfer and welcome to the forum slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to say a big thanks to all the guys that helped me here in this thread, the advice was spot on and the migration has now completed and my new tariff up and running slight_smile again many thanks to the forum guys and also o2 customer services. Hope you all have a great summer slight_smile

Message 15 of 17

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 16 of 17

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
I'm sure all involved here will be happy to hear that you're up and running sir_smooch. Make sure to come back for any more advice throughout the summer slight_smile

Well done everyone!
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 17 of 17