Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

tmarsh
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just had a text from O2 offering me an upgrade as my carphone warehouse contract has ended.  The only options appear to be upgrading to a new phone, no option for sim only.  If I go to change tariff the options are limited too, offering me 4GB for £29:47/mth.  I can get 2GB (which is way more than I use)  for £12 but if I add it and keep my number will my contract just carry on at that rate?  I don't want to order it and find I am paying twice!

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
No problem
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

tmarsh
  • 30 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Yes but it doesn't give me an option for sim only.
Message 3 of 16

tmarsh
  • 30 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So, chose new sim (£10/mth) and managed to get it in to the basket as an upgrade but once I input my existing number to keep I get "Your upgrade eligibility has expired." even though they texted me to upgrade.

Looks like O2 would rather I paid them £30 a month but give a new customer the same deal for £10 a month.

Message 4 of 16

tmarsh
  • 30 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@tmarsh wrote:

Just had a text from O2 offering me an upgrade as my carphone warehouse contract has ended.  The only options appear to be upgrading to a new phone, no option for sim only.  If I go to change tariff the options are limited too, offering me 4GB for £29:47/mth.  I can get 2GB (which is way more than I use)  for £12 but if I add it and keep my number will my contract just carry on at that rate?  I don't want to order it and find I am paying twice!

Re above original post, I can't find any way to upgrade to the tarrif I want, if I buy a new sim and transfer my number later (choosing keep my number at checkout disbars me from getting that tarrif) will my original contract remain?  And if so is it just a matter of cancelling it?

Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
If you are forced to take a new tariff you can just call in to migrate your number to the new tariff which cancels the old one automatically.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 16

tmarsh
  • 30 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The tarrif they are offering me is too expensive, £2 more than my current one that was paying off a phone.  So I can't go dowen that route, hence my question, if i buy new can I then change number?

Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Yes as I said above.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 16

tmarsh
  • 30 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Oops!  Yes, I see now!  Thanks.

Message 9 of 16

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
welcome

Currently using:
Message 10 of 16