Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

tmarsh
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just had a text from O2 offering me an upgrade as my carphone warehouse contract has ended.  The only options appear to be upgrading to a new phone, no option for sim only.  If I go to change tariff the options are limited too, offering me 4GB for £29:47/mth.  I can get 2GB (which is way more than I use)  for £12 but if I add it and keep my number will my contract just carry on at that rate?  I don't want to order it and find I am paying twice!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

tmarsh
  • 30 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

One thing more, the sim swap page says:

We’re having some issues with the online sim swap page at the moment. Until it’s sorted, best to swap your sim via text. Just text SWAP to 20220 and follow the instructions.

Do I text swap from my current number or the new one?

Message 11 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You don't sim swap if you want to migrate your number to a new contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 16

tmarsh
  • 30 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

OK, I guess I don't understand.  What does that mean in practice.  I thought it means me buying a new sim-only deal and transferring my existing number to the new sim contract?

Message 13 of 16

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Following from you buying your new deal you need to call o2 to migrate your number from your old contract to the new one. You cannot do that yourself.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 16

tmarsh
  • 30 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Ah I see, thanks.

Message 15 of 16

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
No problem

Currently using:
Message 16 of 16