cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am due an upgrade according to my contract conditions, however, due to a late payment on my account (we had fraudulent activity on our bank account) o2 systems have automatically reset my upgrade date until December. During the month of my late payment I liased constantly with o2 about my situation and one agent even refunded my late payment charge as a bar had automatically been placed on my account when waiting for my payment. Apparently as it is a system generated decision there is nothing o2 can do. Any ideas?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Only customer service can change this for you but it's not something I've heard of before.
Call them again and see if they will change the data then maybe consider a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

The only time you would lose eligibility to upgrade @Anonymous would be if your line was disconnected from the network entirely due to arrears. In this case, you're not eligible for upgrade until 6 months after you reconnect, as a positive payment history needs to be established again. This is something which is controlled by the system, and is also covered by the T&C's as well as explained by the Payment Management team at the point of reconnection.

If you're late with a payment, even if this results in a restricted service for a period of time (althgouh, crucially, not if it results in disconnection - see above) then the usual requirement is for the account to be brought fully back up to date, and be free of arrears and restrictions for at least 24 hours - you'd then be eligible to upgrade as normal.

Was your line disconnected? Or were you simply restricted due to an overdue bill?

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 3 of 3