cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade via Carphone Warehouse

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been with O2 for around three years and my original contract deal expired over 12 months ago. I am currently sim only. My account indicates that I can upgrade.

My ailing Xperia T now needs replaced, but the best deals seem to be via 3rd parties, such as Carphone Warehouse.

If I "upgrade" through Carphone Warehouse will that process automatically keep my existing number and simply change my contract to the new device/contract? Would it automatically change my sim only status to the new contract without me needing to do anything?

These might seem like obvious questions, but as a relative newcomer to contracts and upgrades, I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Yes, as long as you make sure you upgrade it will just update your current contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Yes, as long as you make sure you upgrade it will just update your current contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23079 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Anonymous Be aware that if you upgrade through Carphone Warehouse it will be a standard 24 month contract. You can only get a Refresh contract through O2 directly.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably says something that I had to look up what "refresh" actually is 🙂

I clearly wasn't on Refresh before - and I have had my trusty, but now decrepit, Xperia T for three long years. Not having Refresh isn't a deal breaker - but thanks for the heads-up!

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
You didn't strike as someone that would be bothered by that wink

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 Cheers. That's (obviously) what I hoped - and what CPW seemed to be suggesting.

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
No worries. Just make sure they do upgrade you and not start a new connection.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the replies and advice. Much appreciated 🙂
Message 8 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23079 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

You're welcome @Anonymous. Hope you get a good deal on whichever phone you choose.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 9