cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT - CLOCK TICKING - O2 Failure to provide exisiting SIM for more than 20 days.

despair
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As a loyal customer for more than 10 years, I lost my handset on 28 Jan 2024. I checked whether I was eligible for an upgrade and paid off the remaining handset balance. I checked the O2 website for stock for a particular handset (iPhone 15 Pro 1TB), and it was showing that a shop in Sheffield had the stock. 

I went to the store, and ordered it and was promised it would be delivered on Click and Collect the next day. The device never arrived and still shows 'In transit' despite numerous visits to the store and conversations with customer support. I've been told that the device never left the warehouse as DHL haven't collected it. Neither the store nor customer services can cancel the order. I cant order a new phone either until the order is cancelled on the system - and I've been told it's never going to arrive now. 

The system says 'error' when I have tried to reorder the sim for number, and neither the store nor customer services can resolve the error. The issue is that if I don't log in to my business communications - WhatsApp  within 30 days, they will delete my account making it impossible to connect with my customers who all use whatsapp. 

I've written a detailed letter of complaint to the complaints team, and haven't heard back. I've not tried social media - has anyone had any luck with them?  

Im at a loss and can't function without my phone. Can anyone help me? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144954 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@despair 

You need to wait for complaints to get back to you now.

Raising a complaint means you have cut yourself off from any other support channel.

Complaints are taking up to 8 weeks to be responded to.

Best advice I can offer is to go elsewhere to get a new phone and port out your number.

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

despair
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So after spending 2 hours on the phone to retentions, they were unable to give me my PAC code as my contract hasn't become active and I dont have the sim - they cant send me one. What recourse do I have through the regulator? How can I escalate this to receive the PAC code? 

Message 3 of 7

despair
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

and thanks @MI5 for your answer!

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144954 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@despair 

Unfortunately you need to wait for complaints to respond.

If they fail to resolve you need a letter of deadlock before you can go to the ombudsman.

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

despair
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 I read somewhere that they CAN give the PAC out over the phone without the SIM - is that information still correct? 

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144954 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@despair 

Only ignorance would prevent that.

OFCOM recommends that as a process. 

Switching - mobile - Ofcom

A PAC must be provided to you immediately over the phone.............

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7