cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade order not received

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone

Please take some time to read this and advise me if you have had a similar experience, thanking you in advance.

I ordered a phone (upgrade) online to replace my lost phone.Through O2s online chat, it was a good deal which was price matched. I was provided a link to click and confirm etc.. and the upgrade was confirmed. A few days later I phone customer services enquiring about the whereabouts of my phone (I could not check email etc.. because I was away from home) I was told the phone was delivered and signed for, I disputed this could not be possible as I was not at home. Advisor said he would investigate and get back to me. Their findings were having spoken to the driver that the phone was delivered and it was signed for. 

Senior complaints escalation manager took over and repeated the same information and gave me different case scenarios and categorically said:

"o2 will not be issuing another handset becuase someone has signed for this phone and its a civil matter and I would need to contact the police"

I just thought about this logically what could the police do in this case? so I have tried to obtain the signiture that was used for this apparent delivery by contacting UKmail. UKmail online cannot provide this, and asked me to contact the provider (o2) to get this for me. I contact o2 and they pass the buck back to UKmail. I am still waiting to recieve evidence of this signiture. I have written to o2 head office about this situation and am waiting for their response.

So I request to you all, is there anything else I should do or obtain etc... customer service 202 seem baffeled on what to do and just say that a supervisor will contact me, still waiting.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

K

Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it should be that simple shouldn't it but seems like O2 are making a meal of it
Message 21 of 62

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
They will be following procedure, I'm sure of that, but of course they have to be careful to investigate fully and properly.
There are some less honest people than our OP that would try and defraud companies.
I'm sure there will be a satisfactory outcome in the end slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

They are making a right meal of it.  The phone has been barred now by customer service  by Philomena Hougton at customer services. She also added that if the phone turns up for me to call customer services and they would remove the bar, what planet is she living on? 

Message 23 of 62

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Is it at all possible that a neighbour has taken it in for you?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a standard reply.

So they can remove the imei bar if the phone is delivered or found if registered as lost by the owner etc.
Message 25 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is a terrible situation to be in I must say hassle you don't need
Message 26 of 62

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

We had a similar story on here not long ago? O2 claiming the phone had been delivered and signed for and the OP denying all knowledge of receiving it....

I hate this sort of practice. When its genuine it makes the person in dispute feel as if they are being wrongly accused of theft....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thought about that already. Both my neigbours are oddballs, one Sleeps all throughout the day and only gets up at night, the other never opens the door to anyone apart from his mum and brother, he suffers from some severe depression.

K

Message 28 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thats exactly how I feel at the moment!
Message 29 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hang in there.

slight_smile
Message 30 of 62