Upgrade loyalty outbound call?

Vwpolo998
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, 

New to these forums so apologies,

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max with o2 and have had it for over a year, last month or two I lost my phone and haven’t got it back, iCloud has been disabled, phone barred etc, I have obviously continued paying for the phone, I got a phone call from “ 0800 840 0202” from someone who I believe to have been from Outbound (obviously, cause they called me) to tell me that they are going to offer me the opportunity to upgrade my phone, clear the outstanding device plan balance, and recontract my phone for 3 years. Obviously, a brilliant deal considering I no longer have a phone, I agreed, as we were getting through the “Data Protection” features on my account the call dropped.

That was over a week ago, Since then I have called customer services over 45 times, speaking to various different people, being called a liar, this is something that o2 never do, to “we wouldn’t waive such amount”, “why would you continue to pay for a mobile phone you don’t have”. I’ve had so many “manager callbacks” scheduled that I seem to think that the system has blacklisted my name 😅

I am absolutely disgusted in the way I have been treat and I’m at my wits end and considering just abandoning the contract altogether at this point, someone, anyone, please help! 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi @Vwpolo998 were you able to get some answers by contacting customer service?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7949 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

Hate to say it but it does sound too good to be true.

There are a lot of scam calls being made at the moment, often spoofing an O2 number. Usually they are trying to get enough details to get themselves a phone at your expense.

Hard to say if this is one of them, but it does have the hallmarks.

Not sure what department dealt with you but I would ring sales direct, you can call them on 0800 081 0255

I suggest you call them tomorrow.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi @Vwpolo998 were you able to get some answers by contacting customer service?

Message 3 of 3