cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade due and Refresh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm new to the o2 Forums!

I've been with o2 for over 2 years and was wondering as I am due an upgrade would I be accepted onto Refresh without a credit check?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

version7point0
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

If I have to sign a Consumer Credit Agreement, does that mean you'll run a credit check on me?

We credit check all customers who take an account with us. Just like a standard Pay Monthly contract, as part of buying an O2 Refresh we'll carry out a credit check if you’re new to Pay Monthly. Also, in order to comply with the Consumer Credit Act, we need to be responsible lenders and will only allow payments to be spread over time, or extend credit, to people who can afford the repayments. An existing O2 Pay Monthly customer with a good payment history should have no problem getting O2 Refresh, as long as they're taking on a payment plan that they can afford.

Source and full details can be found here.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi CaptMisskirk and welcome to the forum slight_smile

Are you on a pay monthly contract?

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, yes I am.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

they would probably do another credit check as you are entering a new contract & tariff

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

stuart1983 is right - if you enter into a new contract they will do a credit check.

Try calling CS (customer services) and tell them you want your PAC number - you'll almost certainly get a call from the retensions people and they will most probably sort you a new contract/handset on the spot slight_smile

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for replies if I did an upgrade that didn't involve "refresh" there wouldn't be a credit check? So they wouldn't class this as a normal upgrade? Hence a credit check?
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you ask for your PAC number you are effectively saying you are going to defect to another network (voda/orange etc.) and want to keep your number. o2 will do all they can to keep your business and are far less likely to bother with credit checks etc. - if you have kept up your payments on your current contract they will more than likely offer you a new one on the spot.

Message 7 of 8

version7point0
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

If I have to sign a Consumer Credit Agreement, does that mean you'll run a credit check on me?

We credit check all customers who take an account with us. Just like a standard Pay Monthly contract, as part of buying an O2 Refresh we'll carry out a credit check if you’re new to Pay Monthly. Also, in order to comply with the Consumer Credit Act, we need to be responsible lenders and will only allow payments to be spread over time, or extend credit, to people who can afford the repayments. An existing O2 Pay Monthly customer with a good payment history should have no problem getting O2 Refresh, as long as they're taking on a payment plan that they can afford.

Source and full details can be found here.

Message 8 of 8