cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade/broken phone issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
So, I upgraded my phone online (as my current one died). New phone delivered, it's broken! Called o2, they arranged a doorstop exchange. A few hours later I get a text saying the phones out of stock and delivery cancelled.
Called customer services, after 80 mins of talking to them, the conclusion is that they cannot do anything and I have to be left for about 3 weeks or so with just no mobile.
I've tried complaining, asking to speak to a manger etc they won't let me. Basically I just need to sit and wait for 3 weeks until they get more stock.
Won't let me cancel, won't let me get a different phone, won't let me collect one from store etc etc. Basically they have only given me the option of not having a phone.

Is there anything I can do? I have two little kids, I can't be without a phone
Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous you are able to cancel & do what you wish as you are within the 14 days cooling off period & you could complain 

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous you are able to cancel & do what you wish as you are within the 14 days cooling off period & you could complain 

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain.

Message 2 of 22

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I can't be without a phone

I know this is 2017.....but think, what would you have done in 1987 ?

The mobile phone is not the most essential utility even in 2017 is it ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 3 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122770 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

As the device was broken when you received it, I believe the cooling off period/return is extended to 30 days @Anonymous https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-returns-and-repairs-policy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144093 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Not exactly. The change of mind period is still 14 days, but any faults within the first 30 days must result in a brand new replacement phone.
After 30 days, faults are repair only.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 22

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

Well from what the OP has said, the new upgrade was broken on delivery, so that would certainly put it within the 14 day period. That's completely out of order for O2 to say they have to wait three weeks for a new phone without providing even a temporary replacement. @Anonymous, although I'm sure it's frustrating for you, I suggest you call Customer Service again and hopefully this time get someone who is sympathetic and knows what they're talking about. Please come back and let the forum know how you get on.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 22

MI5
  • 144093 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Totally agree Bambino
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122770 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

But it was broken when delivered and this is the section was referring to in the link I gave

Faulty.PNG

So surely the same applies?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, thank you all for replying.

I can cancel it, but I have to tjen wait for them to send me a "Jiffy bag" return the broken phone and wait for them to process it before they will cancel it and give me a pac code. A process which is another week at least.

Also as I upgraded early, I'll apparently be liable under my old contract if I do that.

I mean the only option they've given me is to sit and wait without a phone until they get more. They went as far as to tell me if I had ordered a better phone I probably wouldn't have this issue!
Message 9 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you!
This is my plan when they open today.
Message 10 of 22