cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade/broken phone issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
So, I upgraded my phone online (as my current one died). New phone delivered, it's broken! Called o2, they arranged a doorstop exchange. A few hours later I get a text saying the phones out of stock and delivery cancelled.
Called customer services, after 80 mins of talking to them, the conclusion is that they cannot do anything and I have to be left for about 3 weeks or so with just no mobile.
I've tried complaining, asking to speak to a manger etc they won't let me. Basically I just need to sit and wait for 3 weeks until they get more stock.
Won't let me cancel, won't let me get a different phone, won't let me collect one from store etc etc. Basically they have only given me the option of not having a phone.

Is there anything I can do? I have two little kids, I can't be without a phone
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Let us know how it goes for you please.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hope it gets sorted quickly @Anonymous..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
After 3 hours on the phone to them I've quit. They can't do anything for me. I just have to wait without a phone. They can't arrange a new delivery when they get stock because I don't have a phone to be contacted on. So basically I'm just stuck with a broken phone and no working one. They've mentally broken me lol
Message 13 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I know this isn't ideal @Anonymous but how about buying a cheap payg phone and sim from Tesco or any other retailer...just to keep in touch with people?  

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I think that's my only option right now. O2 aren't going to fix this. What a reward for being a loyal customer for many years and upgrading with them!
Actually I'm just going to cancel altogether and pick a new phone company. Their service is disgusting.
In fairness the man I spoke to for the last 90 mins was lovely to me and tried but just couldn't do anything
Message 15 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Best of luck with whatever you choose to do @Anonymous wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 22

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

O2 have these system procedures and it seems no one can use common sense and override it. It's their absolute responsibility to sort their mess out and to provide the customers with the service they are entitled to.

Sometimes they do excel themselves but when things go badly wrong no one will be bothered to take ownership and sort the problem out until a complaint is made. 

I too would be taking my custom elsewhere. It would seem your only choice would be to borrow or buy a phone to tide you over. Maybe a friend has one tucked away in a drawer somewhere? Presumably you can still use your old sim or have O2 changed your account over and started billing you for the upgrade? 

Message 17 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have made a formal complaint but it made no difference. Their answer was just that there's nothing they can do. So I have no idea when I'm getting my phone or even if. I don't know how to send this one back either. I'll just try again on Monday to cancel my contract
Message 18 of 22

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23079 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

The only place it hurts O2 is in the profits and losses columns. It's absurd that you are being told that they can't do anything, or that you're being held to ransom by them telling you you wouldn't have the problem if you'd bought a better phone. By all means cancel your contract and take the time to write a complaint. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 19 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've completely given up. I've spent 6 hours on the phone and got nowhere. I have cancelled my account
Message 20 of 22