Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade block

Lankie91
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I recently sold my phone and payed off my device plan so I could upgrade early...when I went into O2 I was told I was unable to upgrade because I had a disconnection back in August, this was not my fault I had late payments that I always rang up and done a promise to pay and O2 said that was fine...anyway I got completely disconnected from the network and when I rang up they said it was a mistake on there side and that it should of only stopped outgoing data etc so they reconnected me and didn't charge me any reconnection fees now I'm trying to upgrade I can't because of the disconnection which was not my fault and O2 admitted fault so I'm now phone less untill 17th of Feb what can I do? Can the block be removed and if so who do I speak to ? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

I will tag an account advisor who will be on at 8 am tomorrow to see if they can help.

@O2Sarah- Can you please assist @Lankie91?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10182 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

deleted by me, as I edited and deleted 90% of the post

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 6

Lankie91
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Bambino I have rung O2 with no success and made a complaint with no success I'll be upgrading on the 17th when the block is finished but why should I have to wait and be with no phone through minor fault of my own that doesn't warrant a complete block, they say all calls are recorded so the call I made to them back in August should still be on there system so they would be able to hear the advisor I spoke to admit that it was a fault on O2s side 

Message 4 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10182 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Lankie91 

To be blunt, you had multiple late payments which put the system back to 6months from the last on time payment you made to o2, the disconnection has nothing to do with it. 

Also be aware you may still fail the Affordability and Credit Check on the Handset when you try and upgrade, as o2 may have put late payment markers on your credit file.

And from experience no team in o2, Credit Referrals or the Exec Relations team can remove the upgrade block...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 6

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Bambino 

@Lankie91 We don't have an option to remove this restriction any quicker but i will send you a private message so we can check to make sure there isn't anything else preventing the upgrade. 

Message 6 of 6