Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Enquiry

kels111
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey just wondering if anyone knows if this is possible before ringing up in such a busy time.

I want to upgrade my contract (The phone currently with contract is my mums but im the account holder) She wants to keep that phone and her number. (Hopefully switch the sim to pay and go or if i can keep the tarrif its on i dont know)

Is that possible? Ill be upgrading and carrying on a contract on a new number?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

O2Lauren
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 25 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @kels111,

If you upgrade your mum's phone then the tariff will change too, which she will have with her sim and number. I'm assuming you already have another sim that you're looking to put into the phone that you receive from the upgrade? If so, that's absolutely possible.

Thanks,

signature
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@kels111 

You'll need to call customer service on 202 to switch your current sim to PAYG. The number will move with it and that contract will end.

You will then be able to take a new contract in your name with the phone of your choice.

Do not upgrade your current account as this will lock you into a minimum term again.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3