Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking

Craig
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi, I previously submitted an unlock request but did not receive any response. I now need my iPhone 7 unlocked so I visited an o2 store to sort, but all they did was confirm it was still locked and resubmitted the request through myo2. That was Saturday and I still have no message or email confirming it has been done, despite being told I should get a message in 48hrs. Can anyone please help or advise as my son needs this phone for his school app. Thanks
Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Craig
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
The unlock is now completed. Thank-you EmilieT for resolving this problem, you are amazing! And thanks to @MI5 for pointing me in the right direction.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Try by following our help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1... but we do know of some delays lately.
@EmilieT might be able to assist further.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

Craig
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks MI5, I followed everything, submitted the unlock request on the my02 app (this time I did it whilst in an o2 store), but no email received and I cant get through on live chat to speak to anyone. I am starting to feel that o2 customer service is not what it used to be. If I must wait 7 days before following it up then so be it, but if anyone can help escalate this I would appreciate it.

Message 3 of 17

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I'm sure Emilie will be in touch tomorrow.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 17

Craig
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I hope so, thanks MI5

Message 5 of 17

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Craig, I'm sorry you're having trouble getting that request through - I just sent you a Private Message on the forum to get a few more details and see what we can do from our end. When you get a chance, it'd be great if you could reply to it, and welcome to the Community slight_smile

Cheers @MI5 for the mention thumbsup

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 17

Craig
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
The unlock is now completed. Thank-you EmilieT for resolving this problem, you are amazing! And thanks to @MI5 for pointing me in the right direction.
Message 7 of 17

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Good news mate.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Craig wrote:

@EmilieT  is currently the queen of unlocking @Craig. She appears to have the magic key wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 17

Sarahdb159
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am also having the same problem as @Craig. I submitted a request for an unlock over 72 hours ago and have not heard anything back so far.  My mum is currently waiting to use the handset as her old one no longer works.  As a pensioner living on her own I am sure you can appreciate that we want to get the phone in use for her as soon as possible  As @EmilieT is the queen of unlocking do you think you may also be able to help?  I might also add that @Craig is my brother rofl

Message 10 of 17