Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking phone

Burylass
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am trying to unlock my Samsung galaxy s7phone I spoke to somebody online and they sent me a code to unlock, I was told to put in an active sim and put in the code and it would unlock tried this twice now and no joy, the email also says if it does not work on the 3rd attempt it would lock the phone, this is so confusing why when you buy your phone it’s locked!! I am not well up on phones so this is very frustrating I even went in the shop and they couldn’t help me 😡😡😡😡

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
We have unlocking help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1... but if you have the wrong code it won’t work.
You’ll need to get back onto o2 customer service for the correct code.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 18

Burylass
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I tried emailing them back but the no longer support by email I have filled an online phone now to see if they send me another code but don’t understand why the code should be wrong in the first place, really don,t need all this hassle I am a pensioner and just want to be able to use my phone with a different provider when I go abroad would not be with o2 if I knew I would have all this 

Message 3 of 18

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There is also a link in your MyO2 you can use to unlock but unfortunately no email contact anymore.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 18

Burylass
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I have been on my o2 and done that so have to wait again now 

Message 5 of 18

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just don't enter the same code again or it will have to go to Sansung to see if they can unfreeze it, but that usually means a new motherboard.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 18

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There is another method you can try.
First, check you have been given an 8 digit unlock code and not a PUK or PAC which are fewer digits and may also contain letters.
If this is OK, go to your dial screen and as if you were making a call enter #7465625*638*#
You phone will then ask you to enter the unlock code which it hopefully accepts and you will get a success message on screen.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 18

Burylass
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can I do this without a SIM card in the phone as I have not got another SIM card other than the o2 one I borrowed my friends SIM card when I tried it before

Message 8 of 18

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Either with your o2 sim or without any sim in the phone.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 18

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Burylass, sorry to hear that you were having some frustration earlier with trying to get your phone unlocked. I wanted to check now that it's been a few days - how is it going? Any progress?

Thanks for your help @MI5

Message 10 of 18