Did you mean: 

Unlocking iPhone Without Working o2 SIM

JamesScott
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all,

Last Friday I ported my number from O2 to Voxi when my contract ended which went through very quickly. I then realised my iPhone 6s was locked to O2 so went into the MyO2 app and requested it be unlocked. Most of the features from the app have been removed so I can’t request the change again.

It’s been more than 72 hours and my phone is still locked. My number is no longer linked to O2, can it still be unlocked? I’m not actually able to receive any texts as I don’t have a spare phone so I’m hoping O2 email me rather than text me.
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Check the help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1... but I'll also tag our community team to help as there have been some issues lately @Marjo @EmilieT @Martin-O2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JamesScott I will tag our community admin @Marjo @EmilieT to see if they can help but O2 will not email you likely 

Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Check the help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1... but I'll also tag our community team to help as there have been some issues lately @Marjo @EmilieT @Martin-O2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 9

JamesScott
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for that, I read it about 10 times before posting and have done everything it said. Still no luck! 🙁
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As you've already submitted the request, our community team may be able to escalate it for you.
One of them will contact you tomorrow.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Any luck with your unlock yet @JamesScott? If you're still waiting and you've done all the required process (non-O2 SIM in the phone, connect to wi-fi, login with your Apple ID) but it hasn't worked, we can check on our end for you what the delay might be.

Message 6 of 9

JamesScott
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just tried it and it’s worked, thanks so much everyone. Back in the 21st Century!

Key takeaway from this is that you don’t need a working o2 sim or phone number in order to unlock an iPhone.
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Not needed for any phone to unlock provided it has been used recently on the O2 network.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Perfect! Glad to hear it's sorted for you @JamesScott and thanks a lot for coming back to give us an update. slight_smile

Message 9 of 9