Did you mean: 

Unlocking Phone

lauzc87
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am trying to unlock my phone and this is the reply I got from O2:

As per our findings,the handset was not bought from O2 directly due to which we are unable to find the details in our database.

In order to further investigate, Could you please confirm the Original purchase order number and original mobile phone number so that we can check from where exactly the handset was bought. Because if we gives you an unlatching code and the handset is non O2, the unlatching code provided may not work which may lead to codes supplied not working or locking your phone. Also if its an non o2 handset, you need to approach the supplier for the unlatching code who in turn will provide the code for unlocking the phone.

The phone was bought from E2Save, they have confirmed they CANNOT unlock the phone for me and the only people who CAN unlock it is the network it is locked to.

Please does anyone know how I can unlock the phone? I am coming up to the end of my contract and therefore, want to transfer to a pay as you go sim (not from O2). Why are O2 saying it is a non-O2 handset? What is an unlatching code? Is this the same as an unlocking code?

I cannot reply to the above email because there is no option to do so and when I tried to use the email  'If you have a query about your service please email us at mycare@o2mail.co.uk' I am told this email no longer works. ARGGHHH!!!

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@EmilieT 

Your assistance may be needed here! 

@lauzc87 have you tried another SIM card as your phone may not be locked at all?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@lauzc87  Please take a look at this link and see if it solves your problem: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@EmilieT 

Your assistance may be needed here! 

@lauzc87 have you tried another SIM card as your phone may not be locked at all?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 8

lauzc87
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, but this is what I have followed and the reply I got from O2 is above, which didn't help as they asked for further info but no contact details.

Message 4 of 8

lauzc87
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. No I have not tried another sim as we are all on O2 in our house at the moment, so need to get hold of another sim. I will try and do this ASAP as it would be fantastic if it was already unlocked!

Message 5 of 8

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @lauzc87, I was wondering if you got a chance to try a non-O2 SIM over the weekend? Any progress with this? 

Thanks @MI5 for the mention, @Bambino for the advice and welcome to the Community @lauzc87 Wave

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 8

lauzc87
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, a non-O2 sim worked in the phone, so thank you for suggesting this. I didn't realise phones even came unlocked, I thought they were always locked to a network.

I did click the 'accept as a solution' button to try and close this thread, but when I logged back in again today, it seems to have disappeared and the thread is back open again. thinking 

More info

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Pleased it's all sorted for you @lauzc87 

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8