cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited texts?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all,

I've been searching the net and even read the Terms and Conditions but cant seem to find the answer. Can anyone let me know how many texts there actually are in an "unlimited texts package"? 

I'd like to know so I can manage my usage abit more.

Cheers slight_smile

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The only figures I've seen reported here are Pay and Go 2990, Pay Monthly 12,000.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The only figures I've seen reported here are Pay and Go 2990, Pay Monthly 12,000.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149633 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
More than enough for 99% of customers wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well 2990 on a 30 day month is 100 a day ( or there abouts) and 12000 is 400 a day. 

How can anybody send 100 texts a day for a whole month?

Message 4 of 10

jonsie
  • 94113 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

You'd be surprised how many texts our younger users send. I've seen them texting each other whilst sat together on a bus!

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

'How can anybody send 100 texts a day for a whole month?'

Some years on Watchdog there was a complaint about "unlimited" being "limited" by some people with hearing difficulties who use texts to do general chit-chat with their friends.

Doesn't need too many friends to hit 100 texts sent in a day if you are chatting about items in the news/ sport/ showbiz / your interests

(though obviously it is possible now to use the internet with online chat and web site services, and there is a lot more flexibility with content, so one is not limited to just text...  smartphones with unlimited data mean it is easy to share photos and so on - perhaps more easily than using texts).

It really is time that claims of "unlimited" anything (where there is some 'Fair Use Policy' or undisclosed limit) should mean "unlimited".  I'm not aiming that just at this description, but (for example, and there will be many) Tesco broadband having a 100 GB/month 'limit' but calling their service "unlimited".  Tesco small print indicates they can charge for excess use but does not explain how much, and when I asked, was told they don't use that option but ask a user to limit their use or to switch ISP if they continue for a few months.

Message 6 of 10

jonsie
  • 94113 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Unfortunately the official bodies are failing to regulate these terms and until they do, networks and companies will continue to use them.

Message 7 of 10

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Ofcom and others are looking at this but up until now they have approved the word "unlimited" to be used for services that are not.

Obviously most companies have taken advantage of this.

Message 8 of 10

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Well 2990 on a 30 day month is 100 a day ( or there abouts) and 12000 is 400 a day. 

How can anybody send 100 texts a day for a whole month?

I had a 1000 text allowance and I was used to having unlimited texts.

As I knew I had a cap I tried to minimise my texts and sending iMessages or emails and abbreviating the texts as much as I could (which I hate doing) and I only just managed to keep within my limit.  I used about 990 and that includes me having my phone off for 3 days.

When I am on unlimited texts I send a lot - an average of at least 40 per day.

Thank God I am now back to unlimited texts! Bouncy

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the most I've ever sent is 300 and that was a shock for me!
Message 10 of 10