Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited data not working

Zbl
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been with o2 for my previous contract which was 30gb of date plus 60gb and took out a new contract in December which is unlimited data.

since switching contracts my data very rarely works even with full signal and 3G/4G/5G. 
I’ve restarted the phone, turned airplane mode on/off etc and still nothing. 
What can I do to fix the situation?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Are you in an area where the O2 signal is oversubscribed, eg a highly populated area? If so, switching to 2g/3g on the phone can help speed things up.

Otherwise you need to have a read of this guide and keep reporting the problem daily on the O2 network Status Tool (app or online): Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 9

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Zbl did you manage to sort this one out?

Message 3 of 9

Zbl
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, no I’m still struggling. Don’t know if it’s an actual issue with the phone as it sometimes doesn’t connect to the WiFi when no one else in the house has any issues 

Message 4 of 9

pgn
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Without knowing the make/model of handset, it is hard to troubleshoot further.

It could be a candidate, after making sure your phone and any key apps, eg. WhatsApp, are all backed-up... for a complete reset of the phone. If that does not help (you have unlimited data, so pick a spot with a good data signal, rather than home WiFi!) then it may be down to a problem with the phone itself - depending on age of phone, of course, @Zbl.

Message 5 of 9

KevinB2022
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Ive got a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. I had 120GB 5G o2 data plan for the last two years with full signal in and outside my house and my whole town with no issues. Last month i upgraded my tariff to unlimited data but as im using it a lot more. Now cant get 5G anywhere. Anyone know why? I will be going to the o2 store.

Message 6 of 9

pgn
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Same phone, same SIM, same location, new tariff... Store visit is advised, remember to take some photo ID. It's got to be something amiss in the way the new tariff was set up, which only O2 can check, as nobody here on the Community Forum can access your account, @KevinB2022 - good luck in the store, hope you get a good Tech Support guy! 

Message 7 of 9

KevinB2022
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

All sorted. Apparently if you upgrade your tariff after it has expired the new tariff defaults to 4G. Probably incase some people dont have 5G phones im guessing. The lady in the shop just reset my sim back to 5G. She said it will take upto 24 hours to reset but im already getting 5G again after an hour. Plus she upgraded my tariff again to unlimited everything and it's £2 cheaper per month.

Message 8 of 9

pgn
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Thanks for the update, @KevinB2022 - good to know you got sorted.

Message 9 of 9