Did you mean: 

Unable to unlink accounts

EricC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have 3 Pay Monthly accounts with o2.

These were set up when my daughters were too young to have their own Pay Monthly accounts.

They are now old enough to manage them themselves. I have tried the on-line help, no use. I have tried Live Chat, also no use. I have contacted Customer Support who merely said that my daughters would have to apply for new contracts individually on line, once they had them we were then to call o2 whilst all of us were by the telephone to arrange for separation of the Pay Monthly accounts. I have two questions One, how do they apply for a new account on line, they already have their phones we only want to separate the accounts from oneanother. Two, If they apply for new accounts how do they keep their current mobile numbers?

Regards

Eric

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

EricC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I appreciate you trying to help on this, thank you Cleoriff.

It still does not resolve the problem though for us or any O2 customer.

Why should both of my daughters have to sign up as though they are brand new customers to O2, and possibly incur penalties on their current accounts as one has just upgraded her phone. Only to then transfer their current mobile numbers which guess what, just happent to already on O2 BACK onto O2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this just another way to make more money !!!!!!!!!!!! 

Message 11 of 18

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@EricC when you started the account and added the extra phones you were the one credit checked. O2 have to credit check the new account holders as the numbers are at present in your name.

If they have new accounts another way is to ask for there numbers to be moved to payg (closing the link to your account) and then port the payg to the temp pay monthly numbers.

I have just done a similar thing moving a business number back to personal I first had to get the new contract then request the transfer of ownership  TOO from business to personal 24 hours later number ceased on business and then activated on my temp number sim (this is easier than personal to personal) 

When you next call o2 talk about transfer of ownership of the 2 numbers and not unlinking from your account . But this can only be done when accounts are out of minimum term. 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 12 of 18

EricC
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you.

How can you then explain that my eldest daughter is already paying for her phone out of her own Bank Account?

Surely they shouldn't be allowing this if she hasn't been Credit Checked?

Message 13 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 123536 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

It's still a real performance @EricC  but what @adamtemp64 says about credit checks is absolutely spot on. He has given excellent advice here ...and is more experienced than me as I have never had more than one account in my name.... (and from what I read ..I dont think I ever will) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123536 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

@EricC wrote:

Thank you.

How can you then explain that my eldest daughter is already paying for her phone out of her own Bank Account?

Surely they shouldn't be allowing this if she hasn't been Credit Checked?

Well that's easily explained @EricC YOU took out the contract so you are liable for payment...even if your daughter defaulted..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 18

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Anybody can pay the bill by direct debit o2 do not care where the money comes from as long as the bill is paid.

Are the 3 numbers associated to 3 account numbers ? as that would allow seperate dd payments but if all under 1 account no I thought all came out of same bank account.

Just trying to help you unravel the complexities of o2's processes. 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 16 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 123536 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:

Anybody can pay the bill by direct debit o2 do not care where the money comes from as long as the bill is paid.

Absolutely correct. As I have proved this many times with my two sons. .....Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 18

EricC
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, thank you, i understand that they are not bothered who pays the bill.

The 3 numbers appear to be all under the same account number, I do not know how to check if they are or not, and are paid out of two separate bank accounts.

Thank you for trying to help.

Message 18 of 18