cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mobile internet after being abroad?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, could someone help been abroad last 9 days so was using the international data for £1.99 a day which worked okay then landed back in the UK an 4G was working till the next morning then phone says 4G but wont work at all on anything just says "Could not activate cellular data network" even tho when I check my o2 app using wifi says I still have 3GB of UK data left. Last two times i've been abroad this year worked fine after landing anyone had this problem or know how i can fix this? Using iphone 5s any help would be appreciated thanks. 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
ah just noticed in the cellular data settings the APN had changed itself to "idata.o2.co.uk" so changed it to "mobile.o2.co.uk" and its working again thanks slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Try texting the word ACTIVE to 2020
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply just tried that then got text back from 20 30 with a url clicked it using wifi an installed the settings but still "Could not activate cellular data network" once I turned wifi off an used 4G
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
ah just noticed in the cellular data settings the APN had changed itself to "idata.o2.co.uk" so changed it to "mobile.o2.co.uk" and its working again thanks slight_smile
Message 4 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Sounds like the usual ios update issue of apn's reverting to idata.

If pay monthly ring 202 and get your data bolton changed to the iphone data bolton then your apns will be the iphone default of idata and you will not have the issue again at ios update time.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

D'oh! Deleted by me as phone now has been reset and working....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Just to expand on Adams post a little. Currently you are on a standard data package and you should be on an iPhone data package. CS will change it for you free of charge if you call them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great to hear you were able to solve this @Anonymous Do come back if you have any other questions slight_smile
Message 8 of 8