cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling to the USA

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm travelling to the USA next month, do o2 offer any sort of data package (calls and texts not required just data). I can't seem to find anything, only European deals.

I was with Vodafone last year in the USA and ended up with a £300 bill just from using data in the airport, they didn't offer any sort of package so just wanted to see if o2 differs?

Many thanks
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep all roads seem heading towards getting my SIM in the states. ... like it or not.
Message 31 of 38

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5  I hink this means I will need to get my T-mobile pay as you go SIM in the US.. I did notice that Three partners with T-Moble so sitll not sure if to get my card in the US or here?

You need to get it in the States....

Message 32 of 38

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
As I said previously, you will get 3g on a Three UK sim but if you want 4g you'll need a US sim.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok got it now... Thanks everyone .. I do feel a whole more reassured..
Message 34 of 38

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You are THE MAN Dan and it's good to see someone doing theeir research before they go and coming here for advice. I hate to think what customer service or live chat would have told you....

Message 35 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie I do try!

I have some more info whilst talking to T-mobile: 

The Tourist Plan includes: unlimited data, with up to 2 GB 4G LTE data on your smartphone, unlimited domestic and international texting in the US to 140+ countries and destinations, 1,000 minutes of domestic talk within the US and free SIM card for your unlocked phone

For more than 2 Gb ( am there for 2 weeks)  I need to be looking at  

would suggest you getting a monthly prepaid plan. We do have the Simple Choice and Simply Prepaid Monthly plan option available here in T-Mobile. With the Simple Choice plan, it starts up with 2GB data plan for 50 per month before taxes. You can also select 6GB for $65/mo (plus taxes), 10GB for $80 /mo (plus taxes) and Unlimited data for $95/mo (plus taxes). With our Simply Prepaid plan, you may choose from 3GB for $40/mo (plus taxes), 5GB for $50/mo (plus taxes) and 10GB for $60/mo plus taxes.

Now I got to figure which one to use

Message 36 of 38

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Not too cheap is it!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 37 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Not too cheap is it!

Agreed, looks like the Tourist plan for me.

Message 38 of 38