Did you mean: 

Travel Inclusive Zone - Australia

fallerl
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi! 

I recently changed my tariff to include the O2 Travel Inclusive Zone bolt on. The new tariff went live on 17 February 2019 and I travelled to Australia yesterday (Feb 27). When I arrived, I received a message from O2 saying I'd be charged £7.20/MB for data as well as £2.00pm for calls and 50p for texts. 

Now I'm too scared to turn roaming on because there's NO WAY I can afford charges like that. Does anyone know why I received this message instead of one telling me my data was included in my plan? Has anyone had this? How do I make sure I'm not being charged these insane amounts?

Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @fallerl 

There have been oroblems with this bolt on which appear not to have been sorted yet.

You need to speak to customer services asap on +44 344809222, which is a freephone number through your mobile. They are open from 8am UK time, which is the best time to ring to avoid a long time on hold.

Until it's sorted ensure voicemail is turned off and use wifi wherever possible.

Good luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @fallerl 

There have been oroblems with this bolt on which appear not to have been sorted yet.

You need to speak to customer services asap on +44 344809222, which is a freephone number through your mobile. They are open from 8am UK time, which is the best time to ring to avoid a long time on hold.

Until it's sorted ensure voicemail is turned off and use wifi wherever possible.

Good luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Check that you have travel inclusive as a bolt on rather than just O2 travel and you should be ok.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

fallerl
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much for this answer! I managed to get in touch and they said the text was just a generic one and I could ignore it as my bolt on was the correct one, so hopefully all will be OK! 🙂 Thanks again!

Message 4 of 6

fallerl
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks - I had the right bolt on, apparently - it was a generic text message I can ignore (according to O2). Thanks for your reply!
Message 5 of 6

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Glad to hear you're all sorted @fallerl . Enjoy Australia smiling

Message 6 of 6