cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking a phone you've ordered

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently ordered a new phone from O2, paid for it outright. It was meant to arrive on Monday originally (paid premium for it), didn't. Then they told me Tuesday....which it didn't. And it didn't come yesterday either. Upon contacting customer services they checked and said that UK Mail had picked up my phone but they had no info on it from there. Now the ridiculous thing is that they never provided me with a tracking number and the helpline didn't have it on hand either. They did say they would contact some other customer services team to try and find my tracking number but so far I have not heard from them. I find this unbelievable that they'd send of a £500 phone without getting a tracking number for it that they could give me. Has anyone had a similar issue and how was it resolved? Right now I'm down 500 pounds and without a new phone to show for it.
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It's very common with online orders as I'm afraid the o2 system is crap. If you don't have a tracking number it means it hasn't been dispatched which means the phone is out of stock.
You might get it eventually but you are better off cancelling the order and going into an O2 shop to get your phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well O2 has told me specifically that it has been dispatched and I even got a text from UK Mail saying that they'd be delivering that day (though it never came). Not sure if I can really cancel the order seeing as my credit card has already been charged for the cost of the phone.
Message 3 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to take this up with O2.

Do let us know how you get on
Message 4 of 38

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You can cancel at any time upto 14 days after you receive the phone.
Also, remember it is o2's responsibility until you receive the phone so any chasing should be done by them, not you and regardless of the automatic system generated message you received from UKMail, without a tracking number, it ain't in the delivery system, I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 38

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

The problem is that O2 already have the OP's money. Yes he has 14 days to cancel, but it could take another 14 days for O2 to refund the purchase. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 38

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Most likely will take the full 14 days and should be credited back to the card it came from.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the thing is what I really want is the phone, not just my money back. Plus from speaking to O2 it seems that from their end they've handed the package over to UK Mail and it is with them that I need to track my phone down with. 

Message 8 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Well the thing is what I really want is the phone, not just my money back. Plus from speaking to O2 it seems that from their end they've handed the package over to UK Mail and it is with them that I need to track my phone down with. 

Sorry but O2 are just copping out on this. Until you get the phone is is down to O2 ...not UK Mail..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 38

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Plus from speaking to O2 it seems that from their end they've handed the package over to UK Mail and it is with them that I need to track my phone down with. 

That is complete rubbish and you can't track it without a tracking number anyway !

Currently using:
Message 10 of 38