cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking a phone you've ordered

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently ordered a new phone from O2, paid for it outright. It was meant to arrive on Monday originally (paid premium for it), didn't. Then they told me Tuesday....which it didn't. And it didn't come yesterday either. Upon contacting customer services they checked and said that UK Mail had picked up my phone but they had no info on it from there. Now the ridiculous thing is that they never provided me with a tracking number and the helpline didn't have it on hand either. They did say they would contact some other customer services team to try and find my tracking number but so far I have not heard from them. I find this unbelievable that they'd send of a £500 phone without getting a tracking number for it that they could give me. Has anyone had a similar issue and how was it resolved? Right now I'm down 500 pounds and without a new phone to show for it.
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Another monumental cockup...O2 or UK Mail? Who knows but as said, it's O2's responsibility to get the phone to you, certainly not up to you to chase it up. Insist o2 sort it.

Message 11 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem.  O2 have changed my tarrif already but I am still waiting for my new phone - we're on day 5.  Have checked the tracking number on UK mail and it's 'been delayed' with them since 1st June.  Not impressed with O2's tracking system at all. So O2 are no help and neither is UK mail, phones in limbo somewhere.  Should have gone to Tescos!

Message 12 of 38

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
We always advise in store to anyone who asks here first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 38

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Buy something online from any other national company and its usually simple and straightforward, shame O2 continue to let their customers down by using UK Mail.

Message 14 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

So my saga continues. I called O2 Customer Services/chatted to them online on 3 separate occasions trying to get a status on my delivery. Each time they said they'd investigate it and would call me back...but never did. 

Though oddly enough on all of these occasions the customer service person was very surprised to see on their system that something had been dispatched but there hadn't been a tracking numbered entered onto the system. 

Finally on the 4th try I got through to someone more useful who actually called up UK Mail and said that delivery had been attempted but was unsuccessful. Which is of course b.s since I live in an apartment complex where we have a concierge and every other delivery company leaves their stuff there if they can't deliver it direct so I have no idea what happened. 

They then told me that UK Mail will be re-attempting delivery tomorrow between 9-5. I was given a reference number for UK Mail which I then tried to use to call them direct and just check for myself....but was then told by UK Mail that that is not a valid reference number. Guess I'll just be waiting for my phone tomorrow and hoping for the best. 

In any case this is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I had paid premium for next day delivery and almost week later it's still not here with nobody being very helpful. Were this a £10 T-Shirt I wouldn't care but this is a £500 telephone we're talking about. 

Message 15 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

in my opinion they should use Hermes Ive used them a couple times for some stuff & i have found them to be very quick & reliable

even came back the next day on one occasion

Message 16 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Re UK Mail and 'delvery attempted' excuse..this is the most common one they come up with. As you say it's an absolute pack of lies. With so many people complaining of the same thing, I am amazed that O2 still use this poor excuse for a company. DPD are vastly superior in every way. Their  communication chain is brilliant  Email morning of delivery...giving an hours time slot...Never let me down yet. I expect using a service like this would mean O2 paying more though... Hope you get it today Smiley Frustrated..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 38

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

O2 use the cheapest option so things going ass up is to be expected unfortunately. 

Message 18 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that's just the thing: I paid for the delivery explicitly so for O2 is a straight passthrough cost. I'd happily pay a few pounds more if I got more quality delivery. 

Message 19 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

This just keeps getting more ridiculous:

After calling customer services for what must have been the 7th time or something they seem to be unable to track down the order themselves as there is no reference number attached to it. They said they'd tried to get in contact with UK Mail but UK Mail's systems are down so as of now, there is no way at all to track my phone. 

The customer service agent did give a glimmer of hope by saying that if this thing really does turn out to be untrackable then they'd send a replacement phone. 

I'm not sure which part of the supply chain messed up here, O2 or UK Mail but in any case ordering something from O2 for next day delivery has turned into a potential next week delivery for me. 

Message 20 of 38