Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting from Uk abroad

Jesslouise
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
A friend is on holiday abroad in Greece meanwhile I am in the UK, if I text them while they are abroad will the text come out of my unlimited text allowance or will I be charged extra?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Hi @Jesslouise

You can text any UK phone anywhere in the world from your allowances.
Your friend can also text you from Greece from their allowances too slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Hi @Jesslouise

You can text any UK phone anywhere in the world from your allowances.
Your friend can also text you from Greece from their allowances too slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Jesslouise
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you so much, I’ve been scouring the internet for ages for a simple response :))
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Happy texting slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

EducatedDevice
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

EU Roaming changes have obviously come in. You can text/call and use data in many areas with your allowance.

I wouldnt say anywhere in the world works within your tarrif, So you could be charged for some countries.

For example Turkey has a chargeable rate.

Best regards,

ED

O2 Guru,
O2 Customer Service Advisor,
Android user

If and when i help you within the community, It's out of work hours meaning i will not access any accounts during our interaction. (Which is not allowed anyway).
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You can still text any uk phone from your allowances wherever it is if you are in the uk, even Turkey!

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6