cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages from O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a career and a Response Pastor I have to keep my phone by my bedside.  How can I prevent O2 from sending me texts in the middle of the night - thereby waking me up unnecessarily?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or put it simply just put your phone into silent mode with vibrate only 

Message 11 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 124283 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Or put it simply just put your phone into silent mode with vibrate only 

Might not help the OP @Anonymous if they need to be on call for emergencies. A vibrating phone wouldn't wake me when sleeping soundly....Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an idea as I know that still not everyone can access the marketing preferences options to opt out

Message 13 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 124283 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just an idea as I know that still not everyone can access the marketing preferences options to opt out

I know...I was just remembering when I was nursing and on call at night @Anonymous and how my phone had to be left on...(though with some of the things I was called out for I wished it had been off ) Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
If I'm on call my phone has to be on - fortunately I don't get called out often these days but I'd be mighty upset if I was awoken by marketing spam from anyone, esp when o2 reset the preferences in their favour so even setting them yourself don't help!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or if you can't actually do anything about it @MI5 as it always says content unavailable 

Message 16 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
That's their way of stopping you opting out mate!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 17 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's unforgivable & not right

Message 18 of 23

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
When I was on call 24/7 they only had my landline number.....if anybody called at 3am then I knew it was work and urgent.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 19 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 124283 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:
When I was on call 24/7 they only had my landline number.....if anybody called at 3am then I knew it was work and urgent.

Same here before I had a mobile. Had a second landline installed in bedroom. Easiest call was one for a theatre emergency ...worst one for a Major Disaster callout. I was so shocked at that one I thought it was a wind up.... as we used to do mock MD exercises every two years without warning. It wasn't a trial run....and hey ho we all got there...(though a lot of us didn't look totally professional...It was a Friday night after all...) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 23