cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tarrif questuion - £15 big bundle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've just got my first nre phone in 10 years (..yes, really !) and I'm on the £15 Big Bundle tariff. The expiry date is 24th July. Does this mean that I'll actually lose any  unused texs/minutes/data if I don't top up again by that date. Chances are I'm not goung to get anywhere near using it all as I don't really use a mobile much. If this is the case, is there a better tariff for me a s a relatively light user ?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144386 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
None of the Big Bundles are ideal for a light user at all and the unlimited tariffs don't offer so much value for money, but apart from a different network (or MVNO), the unlimited tariffs are the best you can get to suit you at the moment.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Yes as they don't roll over.

Perhaps think about o2 unlimited which give some allowance but you also keep the credit you've topped up with.

You can change your tariff via myo2

Edit to add link

http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo
Message 2 of 12

MI5
  • 144386 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
None of the Big Bundles are ideal for a light user at all and the unlimited tariffs don't offer so much value for money, but apart from a different network (or MVNO), the unlimited tariffs are the best you can get to suit you at the moment.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

We don't know what phone your using but if it is a smartphone take into account some apps do update in the background and as such do use data to do so.

At home I switch off mobile data in my phones settings to remain on WiFi and not use my data allowance. 

I'd suggest trying out what your on and see if your usage does change to using more.

If not then it's easy to change as I've indicated.   

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous And welcome to the O2 Users Community. 

If you are not tied into a 12 month contract it may be worth your while having a look at giffgaff  - they are owned by Telephonica and use the O2 network.  They offer some very attractive SIM deals - For example for £12 you can get 250 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited data.  If you are already on O2 you don't even need to unlock your phone.  If you want further details have a look at http://giffgaff.com/goodybags

Good luck.

Gerry

Message 5 of 12

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

He might still benefit from giffgaff PAYG rates though for a light user the SIM I use in the Note is what I'd recommend these days.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 144386 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@aldaweb wrote:

He might still benefit from giffgaff PAYG rates though for a light user the SIM I use in the Note is what I'd recommend these days.

I agree.... I keep credit on my gg sim which is only used occasionally until I get a trial device then I get a goodybag for that period and revert back to credit only at other times.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 12

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

MI5
  • 144386 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Works great with the free gg to gg calls too slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12