Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Switching to simplicity majour problems

Hello ,
the phone i'm using is iphone 3g we just currently switched to the Simplicity - 15pound a month 100Minutes / Unlimited texts / 500MB Of internet and it said that it would take up to 48hours to do this so i topped up my phone 25 pound and then about an hour after topping up it said "O2: Thanks for topping up. You will now receive one month of unlimited free calls and text messages to other o2 numbers from 2612.Enjoy!" When i chose the simplicity which is not that tariff , will i still receive my simplicity one.My previous tariff was o2 to o2 minutes and texts but i changed it by calling 4444
I'm am quite angry at o2 for this ,
Thankyou please reply quickly
Anonymous

Re: Switching to simplicity majour problems

The pay and go billing system does not know you have ordered a contract and that you will be migrating your mobile phone number over to the new billing system in a few days.
As far as it is concerned you've topped up on you current tariff and you need to get the allowances you are entitled too on your pay and go tariff.
When your number is migrated over to the pay monthly billing system (which can be done when you receive your new Simplicity SIM) all remaining credit will be transferred to your Pay monthly account and deducted from your second bill.

'Problem' solved... :womanindifferent:
Anonymous

It isnt a pay monthly simplicity it is a pay and go simplicity , i changed my tariff first then topped up after.
Anonymous

Ah right, have you contacted O2 to ensure that you have been moved to the correct tariff?
If not I am sure they can resolve it for you...
Anonymous

I haven't yet because i'm not sure o2 have a 24hour phone service where i live so i will contact in the morning and maybe reply back on here if it is resolved Smiley Happy
Thanks anyway Smiley Happy
Anonymous

You forgot that tariff changes take place on your anniversary date. So can't change mid-cycle.
If you call O2 and explain what you did, and ask nicely, they are normally good at manually swapping tariffs.
Anonymous

This is the first time i've topped up within over a year , i didn't really use my phone much because it was broken but now i have an iphone
Anonymous

That will explain it. When you topped up it gives you the current allowance. Not the one you will be changing to. You need to speak to O2 and ask them to manually change it. I'm sure if you explain the confusion over changing tariff after not using it, they will help.