Did you mean: 

Switching from Virgin to O2

Ash56
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

as a new O2 customer switching from Virgin do I need to do the sim swap process or just insert new sim? I have sent PAC to O2 to keep my number. 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6703 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1494 Solutions

If you are being migrated as part of the overall move from Virgin to O2 you should not need a new SIM. 

Virgin tells me new SIM cards will only be neededed if the migration fails twice.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Enlli
  • 6703 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1494 Solutions

Are you switching as part of the migration of Virgin Customers to O2. In which case it's all automatic.

However, if you have taken an O2 SIM out yourself you will need a PAC

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 7

Diston
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have recently migrated from virgin mobile to o2.

May I ask, are o2 meant to send out o2 sims that are pre-activated?

I ask as I was informed that o2 only send un-activated sims for security reasons incase it got delivered to the wrong property address. 

Worryingly I was informed that it was being sent pre-activated which would mean anyone could insert it into their phone and have access to the number and contacts etc, is this right? 

Message 3 of 7

Enlli
  • 6703 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1494 Solutions

If you are being migrated as part of the overall move from Virgin to O2 you should not need a new SIM. 

Virgin tells me new SIM cards will only be neededed if the migration fails twice.

Message 4 of 7

Diston
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On the morning of the migration I was having a problem at first with the 4g data not showing, I then called the help desk, however I fixed the problem myself after the call but the help desk ordered up a new sim without informing me, I decided to swap the new Sim when it arrived.

I have unlimited texts and minutes, is this why when I check my usage online in the o2 app it continues to show zero usage for minutes and texts? 

Message 5 of 7

Enlli
  • 6703 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1494 Solutions

Mine shows zero. Has done for the past year.

You have to dig deep after pressing the circle but scrolling to the bottom they are listed in previous usage

Message 6 of 7

Diston
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Are you referring to the previous minutes usage? Mines shows 0 for all the months. 

Message 7 of 7